Finance Manager (Edinburgh City Centre) £25,000 - £27,000
We are working in partnership with a leading Edinburgh based SME who are now looking to appoint an experienced Finance Manager to their central finance function. It's a newly created post that’s been created on the back of a recent acquisition and to support a further acquisition planned for later in the year.
The position will report directly to the Head of Finance, whilst also supporting the Managing Director with specific core duties. The successful candidate will hold both excellent communication and technical skills, numeracy, planning and analytical experience, underpinned by a drive and ambition to develop personally and improve business performance.
Key duties of the role will include:
· Preparing periodic monthly management accounts, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries
· Analysing financial performance and contributing to medium and long-term business planning / forecasts
· Presenting the monthly accounts to the Board
· Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers
· Making sure spending is in line with budgets
· External audit assistance
The role would be well suited to a fairly wide range of candidates but should be seen as being of particular interest to those who are nearing full qualification or part qualified. The role will offer genuine career progression over the next few years due to continued growth across the Group, in line with the recent acquisition. Study support will be included in the overall package.
The requirement and need to hold excellent communication skills is absolutely paramount, as is the need to build strong relationships across the wider business that will allow strategic goals to be met.
I would be keen to speak with interested parties at the earliest opportunity, as interview dates have already been scheduled for the week commencing 19th March.