An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance Manager within a multi-site retail business in London. In conjunction with the Finance Director, you will be responsible for all aspects of the financial management and reporting for multiple business locations in the UK, all operating in the retail sector, primarily focusing on the Central London market.
The company is private equity backed and well established with turnover in excess of £22m. The business is growing rapidly on a yearly basis via acquisition and organic growth.
The Finance Manager manages the day-to-day activities of the finance team and is also responsible for the ongoing professional development of the team.
The role is highly intensive and requires the ability to manage multiple businesses simultaneously. The successful candidate must be highly motivated, a good communicator (across all levels of the business) and a team player, but also an effective manager, who has the ability to think outside the box in order to deliver results in a timely fashion. Intensity aside, this is a rewarding, varied role, with exposure to all key financial areas. The activities of the Finance manager, and department, fully contribute to the success of each group business.
The role reports to the Finance Director, but also involves business partnering with the Operations & HR Manager
- The day-to-day management of the finance team
- Addressing and resolving finance queries from senior staff
- The Management accounts (monthly / quarterly)
- The quarterly Forecast updates (Fees & Costs)
- All budgeting (annual) and cash flows (monthly)
- Managing and monitoring the monthly / quarterly billing cycles
- The performance of the Sales Ledger Clerk
- The performance of the Purchase Ledger Clerk (Staff expenses, third party overhead suppliers, project costs)
- Assisting the Operations Manager with procurement activities
- The overall management of VAT reporting and payment (main business currently on POAs)
- Assisting with the production of the statutory accounts - Full & Abbreviated (Ltd Company and LLP both to FRS102 - no consolidation experience required)
- Managing the audit process
- Assisting with the preparation of Board meeting packs and other finance information for ad hoc meetings / business conferences
- Presentation of financial information at Board meetings and responsibility for weekly reporting to all senior staff (Debtors / cash collection etc)
- Assisting with the preparation of the Corporation Tax computation and Partnership Tax computations
Experience / Skill Set:
- Strong management accounting, cash flow and budgeting experience
- Experience with both Ltd company and LLP accounting
- Experience with Sage50 (primary accounting software)
- Experience with Corporation, Partnership and Personal Tax computations
- Experience of VAT reporting and POAs
- Experience of payroll / P11Ds / PSA
- High level Excel skills (pivot tables, v lookups), essential.
- Experience of the property industry, preferable but not essential
- Experience of Professional Service Firms, preferable but not essential
- Ability to manage, develop and train individual members of the finance team
Job reference: JI2702