My client is an award winning expert within their field. They have a team of professionals who pride themselves in offering customers a high quality service, and a wide range of bespoke specialist systems.
As a result of continued success they are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and competent Finance Manager to join them on a permanent basis. The role will offer variety and responsibility within a small and friendly head office team.
The main purpose of the role will be to undertake the accounts processing to trial balance level and support the Financial Consultant with any finance tasks to ensure that the department functions run smoothly.
- Overseeing and managing a small accounts team who deal with the purchase and sales ledger and ensuring that you are able to assist the team when required.
- Supplier payments preparation and statement reconciliations.
- Posting customer payments onto the customer ledger on Sage.
- Carry out credit control on the customer ledger.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Payment of sub-contractors and compliance with CIS regulations.
- Preparing payroll timesheets for processing.
- Preparation of payroll and compliance with PAYE requirements.
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register.
- Cash flow management and the booking of foreign exchange.
- VAT returns.
- Contribute as a member of the management team to assist the Directors in the decision making and operation of the business.
- Financial analysis and ad hoc reports as required.
In order to be considered successful, applicants will need:
- To be able to show at least 12 months previous experience of working in a similar position.
- To be AAT qualified or QBE.
- SAGE line 50 accounts software knowledge and experience.
- Payroll experience (preferably SAGE payroll)
- Job costs experience.
- Good attention to detail and accurate processing skills.
- To be efficient and effective in performing tasks.
- To be flexible and adaptive to change.
- CIS subcontractor payments experience.
- Good staff management skills.