Finance Manager - £50,000 + excellent benefits
We are recruiting a finance manager role for a well established membership organisation with over 90,000 members worldwide. This is a an important role within the finance function that will have a wider impact in the organisation.
To manage the Group Financial Accounting team (5 people) to ensure quality and integrity in 5 primary areas:
- financial transaction processing
- financial procedures and controls
- treasury, tax, investment, pensions, payroll and other accounting
- preparation of annual statutory consolidated accounts liaison with external auditors
Reporting into the Group Finance director, they will work alongside the other divisional teams to ensure that different components of the Group receive a consistent, customer focused service at all times.
Duties and responsibilities:
- External financial reporting
- Manage the Group external audits of the financial statements
- Oversee the production of the Annual report liaising with the communications team
- Manage a team of 5 staff responsible for financial transaction processing, banking, financial reporting and compliance.
- Financial Control - maintenance of financial control framework, procedures
- Oversee daily cash management, bank mandates, and electronic banking systems.
- Manage on-line banking platform to set-up and maintain users’ in-line with requirements of the department. Authorise bankline payments and transfers to ensure accuracy.
- Oversee production of monthly payroll to ensure compliance with HMRC requirements
- Fully qualified accountant with good post-qualification experience
- Management experience is desirable but not essential
- Experience in producing external financial statements, including consolidated accounts, in accordance with UK and/or international accounting standards.
- good understanding of VAT including partial exemption and capital goods scheme, and personal tax for payroll processing, is essential.
- Financial Control
- Financial Statements