Our client operates in the financial services market as specialists in life and health insurance (£10m turnover).
They are looking to hire a new Finance Manager (part time) to join their operations team in Cheltenham.
The role is for 25 hours a week, arranged flexibly, but attendance 5 days a week. Must be available full-time on last day of each month for reporting.
Reporting to the MD, the purpose of this role is to provide accounting support to the business at an exciting phase of development and growth. Primary responsibilities involve supporting the MD in the preparation of the monthly management accounts, oversight of the payroll function and liaising with the Group Finance team.
- Production and development of monthly management information and reporting, to include
- Maintaining records of all receipts and payments
- Reconciliation of the bank account
- Preparation of monthly accruals, prepayments and other group journals
- Consolidation of results from 2 locations
- Liaison with and support for business managers
- Oversight of the payroll function
- Support business managers in all payroll matters
- Act as primary point of contact with payroll processing company (ADP)
- Report to business managers and management on staff costs
- Assist with preparation of staff costs budgets and forecasts
- Process insurer accounts and reconcile each payment with internal CRM
- Report to MD on commission pipelines and query all outstanding items
- Liaise with external auditors at interim and final audit visits
- Work with Group Finance to produce statutory accounts within tight year end timescales
- Work with Business Managers to address learning needs and identify and implement process improvements
- Support the MD and Group Finance on other ad-hoc matters
- Qualified or QBE
- Evidence of commercial finance knowledge and experience within a strong control environment
- Able to influence through developing internal and external relationships at a senior level
- Advanced excel skills
- Previous experience of Sage Line 50 useful but not essential
- Payroll experience useful but not essential