The main responsibilities include the following:
• Control and co-ordinate the overall Accounts operations.
• To guide, monitor and be responsible for the work and performance of the respective team members.
• Effective monitoring and control of credit control operations.
• Review trial balance every month and ensure its correctness.
• Co-ordinate and review with management the Accounts work plan for all accounting activities.
• Finalisation of Accounts in co-ordination with the London Office.
• Co-ordinate, supervise and be the referral point with regards to internal and external audits of the Branch.
• Monitor and review invoices, broker accounts and procedures of recording funds. Monitor all financial reports from the general and subsidiary ledgers, assist in reconciliation and production of management reports.
• Supervise data control operations including the approval of documents and batch processing control, implement modifications to improve systems, participate in the development and testing of new systems.
• Participate in the development and administration of the budget, monitoring of and checking expenditures, recommend adjustments as necessary.
• Co-ordinate accounting activities with those of other departments.
• Prepare and present management and staff reports and other necessary correspondence.
• Co-ordinate and follow up IT Issues.
• Address compliance issues.
• Select, train, motivate and evaluate personnel, provide or co-ordinate staff training, work with employees to correct deficiencies, implement disciplinary procedures.
• Establish and maintain a working environment conducive to a positive morale, individual style, quality, creativity and teamwork.
The position would suit a part-qualified, qualified or QBE accountant ideally with relevant industry and people management experience, and excellent IT skills. You will demonstrate exceptional organisational and analytical skill, the ability to work under pressure in a changing environment and be adept at working with and managing key internal stakeholders. You will bring enthusiasm and energy to the role and be an excellent communicator and people manager.
Please apply on-line with your CV or contact Laura Vatter to discuss the role in more detail.