One of the first roles being recruited for the new business is for a UK/European Finance Manager, who will be responsible for managing and controlling the finance functions and responsibilities for the UK business, and taking a leadership role in directing financial controlling across future European country development.
Our client is one of the global 'Over The Counter' industry's success stories over the past 10 years. With approaching $1 Billion annual net revenue. They are one of the most well-known 'Over The Counter' consumer brands providers in the US, they are looking to continue their growth within the UK and Europe.
Finance Manager key Responsibilities/Activities
- Foster close cooperative relationships with all functions in the company relative to finance. Work with Marketing, Operations, Legal, Quality, and Sales for timely completion of monthly, quarterly and year end reporting. This includes enforcing compliance with the applicable GAAP and company policies regarding accounting treatment.
- Prepare and complete journal entries and reconciliations in accordance with the month end checklists.
- Perform analysis of commercial performance in the sales and marketing functions, and make recommendations to the business for performance improvement opportunities.
- Contribute to business planning projects (NPD, New Brand Launch, Entry into new countries) and lead all financial planning for such projects.
- Primary responsibility for the compliance with SOX and banking for areas such as GL, Fixed assets, AP and Cost accounting. Including primary point of contact for audit requests for Bank compliance audits, internal audit, and external audit.
- Special Projects including acquisition, divestitures, systems implementations, etc.
- Prepare and support month, quarter and year end close journal entries.
- Perform assigned account reconciliations and analysis. Assist with others as necessary.
- Prepare audit schedules for quarterly review and annual audits.
- Perform other related and Ad Hoc reports as needed.
The role would suit an experienced finance manager with likely at least 5 years experience in a consumer brands or fmcg environment.
Due to the small & autonomous UK office, the role would suit someone to whom accountability and pride in doing a long term transformational role, are key. Someone who is prepared to take responsibility and is comfortable with their own decision making ability.
The planned office environment will be a genuinely friendly, professional and flexible office/work place, which will establish a new legacy that the whole team can be proud of.
Characteristics of the new organisation/team
Professional, genuine, driven, ambitious, creative, autonomous, supportive, commercial, down-to-earth, fun loving, work-life balance is a two way street.
A fantastic opportunity to grow a FMCG finance function from the ground upwards with the support of a global business all based in St. Albans accompanied by a healthy salary and benefits package.
- Finance Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job