Michael Page Finance are pleased to be partnering with an FMCG Business based near Warminster, to appoint a Finance Manager, to report in to the General Finance Manager.
Michael Page Finance are pleased to be partnering with one of the Leading Manufacturing Businesses in the UK. They are consistently driving to achieve significant results and are looking for a entusiastic Finance Manager to join them on their journey.
- Preparation of weekly/monthly managements accounts for the site by the due deadlines
- Provide the site and commercial team with product costings to ensure that products are launched within the prescribed margin strategy including post investment review.
- Provision of accurate and timely budgets and forecasts.
- Team Development and Management - to support an environment of growth, through training and challenge.
- Enhance management understanding through ongoing provision of information and education and promoting a cost awareness culture.
- High level of commercial understanding to enable positive contribution to areas such as pricing, tenders, margin analysis, EPD & NPD, new business development, procurement and operational performance.
- To continuously develop and implement relevant business measures to meet the needs of the site.
- To contribute fully to the continuous improvement in business performance as a member of the senior team.
- Balance sheet control and working capital management
- To carry out ad-hoc investigation and projects as required.
- Coordinate and manage the half year and year end stocktakes
Management & Teamwork
- Lead, inspire and supervise the Supply Chain Co-ordinator in accordance with their principle terms and conditions of employment and procedures outlined within the company handbook.
- Ensure all disciplinary issues and relevant investigations are conducted within a timely manner and in line with company procedures.
- Monitor, track and record holiday entitlements, ensuing employees use their holidays within the holiday year.
- Lead the performance of the team through managing and coaching, ensuring employees are performing at the level required. Where appropriate ensure that levels of underperformance are addressed and managed according to company procedures.
- Continually review the company skills matrix system to identify training needs within the team and use this as a motivational tool for skills development and succession planning.
- Ensure that the team are recruited and trained to the relevant standard operating procedures and safe systems of work and technical standards. Ensure that training records maintained and the team are cross skilled.
- Liaise with other managers to formulate objectives and understand requirements.
- You undertake audits allocated in the site audit programme;
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of Finance systems and practices.
- To identify opportunities for improvement/innovation and to develop and implement action to maximise potential benefits of such opportunities for the business.
- Challenge existing practices and behaviours where these deviate from the organisations desired culture.
- Where relevant, complete post implementation reviews to ensure successful delivery has been achieved.
- Support the delivery of greater efficiency through the identification and elimination of any unnecessary complexity within business processes and identification of better ways of working
- Qualified Accountant - PQE 3 years
- Proven Finance experience within a manufacturing environment
- Appreciation of the fundamental drivers of business performance
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to influence effectively
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate across all levels
- Effective influencing skills that enable financial expertise to be utilised
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office software suite
- Data driven with an ability to analyse data
- Planning & prioritising
- Analytical problem solving
- Business Focus
- Executes Successfully
- Personal effectiveness
- Part Of A Great Team
By joining the organisation as Finance Manager
What our client can offer for their Finance Manager position:
*Competitive Salary + Benefits £35k - £45k
*Working for a Leading Manufacturing business in the UK.
- Management Accountant