High calibre Finance Manager with Audit background required for major international organisation in Leeds
Your new company
A forward thinking, dynamic professional services organisation at the forefront of their sector. They pride themselves on doing things differently and in being a great place to work and develop your career.
Your new role
You will be a crucial part of a world class team and will be someone who strives for excellence and enjoys working within a high pressure environment where your decisions have real impact on the business.
and worldwide. Key responsibilities: Reporting to the Group Senior Finance Manager and part of a team of 5/6 broad responsibilities will include:-
- * Delivering and reporting Group results at month and year end
- * Preparation of Statutory Accounts
- * Line manager to trainee accountants
- * Implementing and reviewing controls across wider finance
- * Being a subject matter expert and go to person for all finance
- * Balance Sheet review and analysis
- * Key point of contact with the auditors
Detailed responsibilities include:-
- * Ensure delivery of month end Group results providing comprehensive analysis and raising issues in a timely manner
- * Ensure full integrity of the group Balance Sheet, ensuring all balances are globally validated
- * Strong monthly focus on WIP, debt and provisions, valuations and judgement calls
- * Liaison with all areas of finance as appropriate
- * Manage month end close
- * Ensure all monthly journals posted and authorised correctly.
- * Key day to day contact point for the auditors
- * Group consolidation and adjustments of circa 20 legal entities
- * Statutory Accounts preparation
- * Manage delivery of year end in given timescales
- * Delivery of monthly results pack, quarterly Financial Management Accounts, Treasury fact pack, bank covenant reporting
- * Balance Sheet reporting, reconciliations and controls specifically WIP, debt, cash, provisions
- * Deliver efficient and effective improvements to processes across all areas of finance (strong focus on simplify and speed up)
- * Develop culture of process improvement and become the go to expert within finance
What you'll need to succeed
Skills and experience:
- Professionally qualified Accountant with a broad range of experience
- Strong technical knowledge of IAS/FRS demonstrated by excellent Financial Control experience
- Working across complex entities, systems and countries
- Experience of operating within a highly effective team, including line management experience
- Excellent communication skills
Key competencies: We are seeking the following key attributes:
- * Commercial awareness in both approach and delivery
- * Strong diplomacy, influencing and persuasion skills
- * Confident and credible in dealing with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- * Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with high attention to detail.
- * Solution oriented
- * Pragmatic, robust and resourceful, with the ability to adapt quickly to different situations and personalities.
- * Creative and able to act on own initiative.
- * Consistently positive attitude and 'can do' approach.
- * Strong project management skills and the ability to manage conflicting timescales and multiple projects.
- * Organised and efficient with a 'right first time' approach to quality of work.
This role would ideally suit an individual with an Audit background either making their first or second move.
What you'll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career within an international organisation that is growing and acquiring further businesses. They offer an excellent benefits package including 26 days holiday plus bank holidays a generous pension and company bonus scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Finance Manager
- Financial Accountant