JHE & Partners are working exclusively with a rapidly expanding, ambitious company based in Leeds. The company, a niche service provider, have experienced significant year on year growth since they were established 10 years ago. They have ambitious plans and as a result they are now looking to bring on board an enthusiastic, driven Accountant to join the Senior Leadership team.
The successful candidate will be confident working as a number 1 in finance, reporting to the Managing Director. As the company continues to grow, this person will be responsible for building a finance team that can cope with a rapidly changing, fast paced environment. Applicants must be able to implement processes and procedures in order to produce accurate monthly management accounts, as well as being quite hands on initially when it comes to the day to day bookkeeping. Working in a complex industry, applicants must also have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel with the ability to develop accurate forecasting.
Key duties will include:
- Creation of a monthly management accounts pack including commentary and analysis
- Accruals and prepayments
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Production and monitoring of cash flows
- Managing and setting up supplier payments
- Assistance with the year-end audit
- Liaising with the bank and managing treasury
- Day to day bookkeeping using Sage Line 50
- Production of budgets and forecasts using Excel
- Analysis of KPI's and production of reports
- Managing two Credit Controllers
Applicants will have the following:
- Ideally CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Sage Line 50
- Recent experience in a similar position
This is a unique opportunity to join an energetic and enthusiastic team in a fast paced environment. The successful applicant will have an entrepreneurial spirit and a natural desire to get fully understand the business. The hope is this person will develop and grow with the business to eventually become Finance Director.
Offering an excellent salary and unparalleled opportunity for development, I would urge anyone interested to apply at your earliest convenience.
- Management Accounts
- Microsoft Excel
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job