Axiom are working with a leading freight forwarding business on an exciting hands on role in beautiful Marseille, France.
By way of background, this is a private owned UK Group, specialising in Freight forwarding in the Oil and Gas Industry. With a new Group CEO and Group CFO it is on an exciting journey of change in a tough industry. Most recently they have adopted a standardised ERP that is being rolled out globally, where they have successfully gone live in 3 of the largest countries over 9 months.
The French business is a recent partnership where the local director started the business and has since joined the company but is still very passionate about it. It is a small business with a turnover of about £6m, but a lot of potential in the North Africa market. The systems need to change to the new global standard to free people up to help grow the business. The finance reporting also needs to be redesigned and improved.
This could be a nice role for an experienced qualified accountant who would like to live in the South of France, and make a difference in a growing business. Alternatively it could be a less experienced accountant looking for their first controllership opportunity.
This person must be fluent in French and one of the interviews will be in the local language. Local accounting experience would be nice but not essential, although you will deal with the local auditors.
More on the role:
The Finance Manager reports to the Managing Director of France and the Group Finance Reporting Manager (UK based) and will be responsible for running the France finance function, providing timely and accurate data with various accounts oriented tasks.
The Finance Assistant/Manager is responsible and accountable for (but not limited to) the following:
- Supporting the Managing Director (based in France) and Group Finance Reporting Manager (UK based)
- Preparing Monthly reporting pack (including P&L, Balance Sheet, Commentary)
- Managing Working Capital
- Carrying out monthly balance sheet reconciliations, including Bank reconciliation
- Assisting in year-end audit process and annual budget
- Cash flow forecasting
- Monthly Intercompany Reconciliations and Liaising with other group companies worldwide
- Maintaining company Fixed Asset register, including posting monthly depreciation
- Processing monthly payroll
- Performing intercompany debtor and creditors reconciliation/clearing
- Managing Credit Control process. Including;
- Following up and chasing (by e-mail and phone) on outstanding payments
- Raising sales invoices, including disbursements and job costing (primary)
- Generating and dispatching statements
- Receipting of payments and allocating to invoices
- Reconciling customer accounts
- Conducting credit application reference checks
- Maintaining Accounts Payable process. Including;
- Preparing and running weekly and monthly payments as well as ad-hoc payments
- Obtaining approval for payable invoices
- Entering payable invoices onto Finance and Operations systems
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Managing licences/returns, IATA etc and preparing Customs reporting
- Managing petty cash
- Filing, scanning and archiving of job files
Selection Criteria - Essential
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in an accountancy role
- Positive and professional attitude
- Excellent knowledge of credit control process
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills desirable. Intermediate skills essential.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite
- High attention to detail and strong planning and organising skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Previous experience working for a shipping / freight forwarding company
- Formal qualifications in Accounting
Others - Licences
- Current unrestricted drivers licence
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job