Finance Manager sought for Hertfordshire based dynamic niche specialist International Recruitment Organisation. My client is now seeking a Finance Manager as a new role to join their highly consultative recruitment business operating globally from headquarters close to Hemel-Hempstead in Hertfordshire.
As a senior member of the operations division the Financial Manager will be responsible for overseeing and completing the day to day financial management tasks within the Finance Office ensuring they are managed in a timely way, therefore ensuring the smooth financial operation of the business.
This is an exciting opportunity for an adaptable and forward thinking Finance Manager to become heavily involved in change within the business. As the organisation evolves and adapts to take advantage of new business opportunities, changes are necessary at all levels. The Finance Manager must be able to initiate and implement change within their team in a sensitive and supportive manner. S/he needs to deal with individual concerns and gain people’s commitment and enthusiasm for the change. The typical management style in this type of environment is predominantly one of setting challenging but achievable goals, coaching and enabling individuals to succeed.
The fundamental purpose of this management role is to improve efficiency, productivity and net profit levels through the effective management and control of all available resources. The Finance Manager builds and implements detailed plans on an ongoing basis in order to achieve business unit and company objectives, as set out and agreed by all the Senior Management Team and Directors. Management responsibilities are wide ranging and whilst this role primarily directs the activity of one business unit, it is recognised that in doing so, much of this activity impacts on 'global’ affairs.
- To manage and complete all necessary financial management tasks within the office. Namely invoicing to customers, managing incoming invoices, purchasing, bookkeeping, supplier liaison, credit control and control of bank accounts.
- To ensure the financial integrity of the business and its accounts by conducting monthly reconciliations of all its accounts.
- Ensure that all financial information is fully completed by the relevant working day of each month for completion and submission of Board Pack.
- Completion of IDF reconciliations and reports every month.
- Maintain the utmost integrity of accounts involved with gross margin. Particular attention to be paid to accrual and reversal of contractor timesheet accruals.
- Ensure Fixed Asset register is maintained at all times.
- To provide financial statements and reports to Leadership team and Business Units each month and on an adhoc basis.
- To assist the FC with preparation of schedules for annual Statutory Audit and other Audits throughout the year and assisting with these external audits.
- Calculate any variances from budget, or bank account discrepancies and report significant issues to Financial Controller every month.
- Process payroll in a timely manner.
- Management of finance staff, overseeing that all office administration is undertaken in a timely, accurate and effective way.
- To oversee the training and development of direct reports to ensure that they work to their full potential, and to ensure all matters of discipline, absence, and capability are addressed in line with company procedures.
- To establish, foster and maintain close working relationships with other functions to allow swift resolution of issues and sharing of knowledge.
- Ensure Credit control is being carried out effectively each month and provide the Financial Controller a weekly report on all overdue debtors and any proposed actions.
- Degree level education or equivalent, preferably in Business or Accounting
- Suitable professional qualification CIMA, ACCA or similar would be desirable, although a strong QBE candidate will be considered
- Knowledge of Access Dimension, Intime and Bullhorn are desirable
- Experience of managing a team of a minimum of 3 or 4 people
- Excellent IT skills and Excel skills at advanced level
- Previous experience of producing company management accounts and budgets
- Previous experience of working in Recruitment would be desirable
- Excellent numeracy and financial awareness
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work well under pressure and without supervision
This is an opportunity to work for and to become an integral part of an exciting and dynamic yet professional and consultative organisation. There is minimal hierarchy with excellent training, development and true open door policy which has resulted in extremely low attrition across the business.
The business has won several national awards for both enterprise and working environment.
Benefits include Corporate gym membership, Private healthcare, pension as well as incentives ranging from weekends away to spa days.
This is a diverse and inclusive business that truly supports its employees, they have strong values around respect and working well together as a team.
Salary £40,000 to £50,000 dependant upon experience.
To learn more please either contact Max Abrahams at Squid Ink Solutions or apply for this position now.
- Financial Management
- Management Accounts