We are a small team of approximately 20 forward-thinking dynamic people. As sustainable energy specialists, our company is playing a vital role helping to accelerate the transformation to smart and low carbon energy. We are doing this because we believe that the transition to sustainable energy is critical to combat climate change and sustain growth for a better future.
We are seeking a motivated person with financial experience, preferably educated to degree level and/ or accounting qualification. We are also keen to hear from applicants with a strong background in finance. The position is a maternity cover for our financial controller who currently combines the Finance Manager and Finance Assistant roles. We are looking for either a direct replacement or two part time people.
The finance manager position is responsible for the financial operations of the company, to include the production of quarterly financial reports against budget, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. The finance assistant role is key to supporting the day to day financial processes and to provide a professional and timely accounting service.
- Educated to degree level or accounting qualification
- Experience of working with senior managers and board members
- Substantial experience in managing electronically-based accounting systems and creating financial reports from spreadsheets, preferably with an accounting qualification (such as AAT, experience of Sage useful)
- Understanding of partial VAT exemption status
- Experience in financial reporting
- Proven track record of overseeing the management of financial resources with the ability to plan and organise own and others’ workload
- Substantial experience of project management and budgeting
- Ability to work constructively and co-operatively with other team members
- Experience in dealing with project contracts.
25 days’ paid holiday a year plus public holidays increasing by a day each year to a maximum of 30 days per year (in the case of a permanent appointment).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job