Job Specification - Finance Manager
Wessex International is a well established business that specialises in the manufacture and sale of agricultural and grounds care machinery. We are looking for a Finance Manager to oversee the smooth running of our busy accounts department including all processes and accounts staff. The successful candidate will be working in conjunction with our outsourced off-site management accountant.
Please view our website; www.wessexintl.com for more information about the company.
- Location - Andover, Hants. The vacancy is located in Hampshire and commutable from Salisbury, Winchester, Newbury, Basingstoke or Southampton and surrounding areas.
- Position type - permanent position.
The role will suit an organised, diligent and outgoing individual who thrives on the buzz of success, talking to people and going the extra mile to make things work well.
The primary functions are to oversee all accounts functions and processes. To prepare accurate monthly management accounts, ensuring compliance with all taxes, supplying budgets, forecasting and sales analysis information for the senior management team. To act as a guide to other company departments where their processes and actions affect stock value and company finance. In addition to this, you will manage an accounts administrator, mentoring, guiding and appraising the department.
To manage the Company accounts team across all sectors to ensure accuracy, enthusiasm and efficiency, securing results as planned.
- Ensure that credit control and customer aged debts are managed successfully by the department providing additional support as required while keeping good relationships and communications with customers at all times.
- Produce regular, punctual, accurate reports to a schedule and devise ways to stream-line the reporting process.
- Authorise accounts team holidays to ensure appropriate cover.
- Create, oversee and streamline all accounts processes. Purchase ledger, sales ledger, VAT. Export.
- To carry-out the process of pay-roll including PAYE including P11D.
Personnel attributes required.
- Operational experience of accounting in a small / medium business essential.
- Tax compliance experience essential.
- Ability to manage own work load, prioritising tasks in order of importance and meet deadlines efficiently.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills (both verbal and written) with a friendly professional approach to customers and colleagues. To be diplomatic and discreet at all times.
- To demonstrate a high standard of accuracy.
- Intermediate/Advanced user of Microsoft excel. Competent user of Word and Outlook.
- Advanced user of computer based accounting packages, Ideally Exchequer.
- Excellent analytical skills alongside an ability to think creatively and problem solve.
- To demonstrate a desire to take ownership and excel in line with demanding customer expectations.
- Education to GCSE A* - C standard or equivalent in English and Maths essential
- Candidates will hold qualifications to ACCA/ACA level or be qualified by experience to a similar demonstrative level.
- UK Tax compliance experience essential
- Benefit-in-kind and P11d experience essential
Please send a copy of your CV via the link below, stating your current employment situation.