Finance Manager opportunity
Salary up to £40k DOE, plus attractive monthly bonus scheme
Permanent 40 hours a week
25 days holiday + BHs
Opportunity to join a manufacturing business in Dewsbury as the new Finance Manager. You will have the scope to make this job your own; having worked in a similar environment in the past you will be comfortable with the variety and responsibility this job offers.
The ideal candidate will be CIMA/ACCA qualified or an exceptional QBE. You must have experience of accountancy within manufacturing and be a hands on type of manager.
This is an exciting job for someone with all-round accounts experience who is willing to get involved with the majority of duties in the accounts function including full preparation of management accounts, VAT, invoice financing, stock management, forecasting and variance analysis. You will be providing strategic guidance to the Group FD and the MD. Plans are in place to expand the business through new market development and double turnover within the next 5 years; now is the time to join this respected customer-focused company and actively contribute to the firm’s dynamic positioning and further embed foundations for on-target projected success.
Essential qualities will be someone who is technically strong, credible in their field and an assertive individual. You must be comfortable making decisions, challenging the status quo and managing staff.
There will be opportunity to further develop for the right person in terms of progression and seniority and you will be working closely with the Managing Director directing financial acumen and credibility to put the company in a strong position to capitalise on increased business and wider opportunities. If you have the attributes outlined and believe you can make an impact in a short space of time APPLY TODAY.
What you’ll be doing:
- Preparation of full and detailed management packs
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Balance sheet statements - working capital position
- Profit & loss - period and cumulative positions against budget
- Management of invoice financing - including relationship with bank
- Fixed assets
- Aged receivables
- Aged payables
- VAT preparation, submissions and reconciliation
- Bank reconciliations
- Line management of one member of team
- Attendance at weekly and monthly management meetings
- Direct report to the Managing Director
- Sage Line 50
- Microsoft packages including advanced Excel (pivots, lookups & macros)
- Manufacturing background - ESSENTIAL
- Strong leader - able to challenge senior decisions on the basis of sound technical knowledge
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA or exceptional QBE with sound experience
- Remains calm when under pressure
- Robust and resilient
- Hard worker
Apply TODAY to be considered.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Bagnall Hopkins Recruitment who is operating as an employment agency/business. Your application will be sent to one of our consultants for review, at which stage we will be in touch to discuss your details further. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours your application has not been successful.
We will not submit your CV until you have been briefed on the position and we have your consent to do so.
Both Bagnall Hopkins and our clients promote a policy of equal opportunities.
Follow us on Twitter @bagnallhopkins, and take a look at our Facebook page.
#bagnallhopkins #financemanagerdewsbury #accountancyjobsdewsbury #financejobsdewsbury
- Bank Reconciliations
- Management Accounts
- P&L Responsibility
- Invoice Finance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job