Our client, a rapidly expanding retail business based in Central London are looking for a Finance Manager to join the business in a newly created role reporting to the Finance Director.
Managing a team of two the role also includes overall ownership of the sales and purchase ledger.
Main responsibilities include:
- Undertake the month end process, ensuring the data used is consistent and accurate.
- Review of month end reporting with the Retail Finance Director.
- Overall responsibility of AP/AR functions.
- Analysis of creditors' ledger - review of statement recs, sign off new suppliers etc.
- Debtors' analysis / support of credit control.
- Supervision and development of a team of 2.
- Sign off of weekly payment runs.
- Resolving queries in relation to customer orders / purchase orders.
- Preparation of cash flow forecast to submit into group finance.
- Liaising and meeting with cost centre managers to ensure their expenses are captured timely.
- Provide day to day financial support for the sites managed.
- Monitoring of site KPIs.
- Maintaining and producing financial reconciliations for Balance Sheet areas associated with your sites as well as reviewing those produced by the team.
- Assist in the production of annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Project work drilling into the opportunitiescan maximise, cost cutting exercises and any potential threats to the business.
- Completion of legislative reporting i.e. Intrastat, EC Sales List.
- Managing external audit process.
- Additional ad-hoc duties as requested.
What we arte ideally looking for..
- Strong and robust character, confident in challenging at all levels.
- Ability to deliver high quality work to tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work under own initiative and collaborate across departments.
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks simultaneously whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- "Solution driven" as opposed to "problem focusing".
- A fully qualified accountant (ACCA / CIMA / ACA) with good accounting experience and preferably from a multi-site leisure / hospitality / retail background