Cochrane is a global independent network of health practitioners, researchers, patient advocates and others, responding to the challenge of making the vast amounts of evidence generated through research useful for informing decisions about health. We do this by identifying, appraising and synthesizing individual research findings to produce the best available evidence on what can work, what might harm and where more research is needed.
Our work is recognised as the international gold standard for high quality, trusted information. We want to be the leading advocate for evidence-informed health care across the world.
Following a re-structure we have an immediate requirement for an immediately available experienced Finance Manager whilst a permanent recruitment process is completed.
The successful candidate will be ACCA/ CIMA qualified with excellent Excel skills and will need to be extremely well organized with demonstrable experience of managing a complex finance function. We are looking for a candidate with proven experience of managing a small team with a collaborative approach to support all aspects of Finance across Cochrane.
The principal accountabilities for the post include; Oversight of Financial ledgers; Production of Management Accounts, Business Performance metrics and cash flows; Support for the annual year audit process; Fundraising and restricted Fund support.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES/KEY RESULT AREAS
- Work with Financial Accountant to ensure purchase, sales and general ledgers are accurate and up to date
- Ensure payroll process is fully integrated and consultant invoicing/payment process is efficient and effective
- Support the Head of Finance and Core Services in ensuring that Cochrane’s financial procedures, systems, tolls and internal controls are effective and efficient, and protect the organisation against fraud and other misuse of funds.
- Produce management accounts and performance metrics for use by Heads of Department and Senior Management Team.
- Maintain rolling forecasts and cash flow forecasts, ensuring visibility on working capital is maintained
Annual Financial Reporting
- Carry out the annual carbon footprint calculation and any changes to policies or documents required to support this.
- Carry out the annual financial monitoring exercise for Cochrane groups and produce all associated feedback reports.
- Support the annual audit process.
- Support the annual budgeting process improving on existing templates, process and consolidation process.
Stakeholder Management and Support - External
- Develop and maintain an effective relationship with banking; credit card; third party payment portal and investment providers, ensuring best use of/most cost effective use funds is maintained
- Develop and maintain an effective relationship with insurance providers managing any claims or queries across the organisation
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business advisers including auditors, payroll bureaus, tax advisors.
- Maintain and manage relationship with HMRC.
Stakeholder Management and Support - Internal
- Ensure high levels of customer service are maintained across the CET
- Review monthly project reports and meet with budget holders to ensure projects income and expenditure is correctly understood, recorded and funding restrictions are correctly adhered to.
- Provide support to the fundraising team at point of bid and subsequent reports for funders as required.
- Manage the contracts and asset databases
- Provide financial oversight to Cochrane Events working alongside the Events Officer and Local Organising committee
- Provide support to commercial products as required either through setting up new/adjusted processes post launch or during development stages
- Assist in the roll out of any new finance processes or other organisational infrastructure change such as project management and revise reporting to include this new data or support the changes to workflows.
- To support the development of the Finance function, implementing standard operating procedures alongside improvements to controls making full use of IT and automation of processes wherever possible.
- Assist the HR Managers with any finance related queries
- Ensure compliance of all financial matters with that of statutory bodies and relevant regulations by integration in to standard operating procedures.
- Ad-hoc financial tasks
Candidates with both Commercial and Charity experience with an ability to operate with minimal supervision and quickly build strong working relationships are encouraged to apply.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV along with a supporting statement with the subject title 'Finance Manager'. The supporting statement should indicate why you are applying for the post, and how far you meet the requirements for the post outlined in the job description using specific examples. List your experience, achievements, knowledge, personal qualities and skills which you feel are relevant to the post together with salary expectations.
This role does offer the possibility of temp to perm and so applications would be welcome on this basis.
Deadline for applications: (12 midnight GMT) 12th January 2018, please note due to the immediate requirement for this position preference will be given to candidates with immediate availability
- Management Accounts