Kobalt’s finance department is growing and we are now in the process of setting up a Treasury function. We require a Finance Manager to support the Director of Finance with all things treasury project based, accounting on Kobalt’s international entities that are managed in London and day to day treasury functions. This role will involve liaising with various relationship managers across the world, business partnering and client payments so any exposure to a treasury function works and what it should look like is essential.
This is a hybrid role and we are looking for someone who really can get involved in the set up of the function with great interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally, alongside day to day global cash management and reporting.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
We’re currently over 400 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A FINANCE MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
Day to day includes:
- Day to day global cash management and reporting
- Point of contact for banking relationship managers
- Review and approval of client payments
- Preparation of BU reports and financials:
- Monthly management accounts including variance analysis
- Weekly KPI reports for presentation to the Financial Controller
- Provide inputs to external auditors for annual statutory audit
- Approval of team journals
- Monthly Balance sheet reconciliations
- Liaising with the Kobalt Operations team to co-ordinate client payments;
- Ad-hoc Finance projects
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Qualified accountant
- Strong interpersonal skills - including ability to work with and challenge others
- Strong team player and proactive approach to work
- Strong organisational skills / prioritisation
- Demonstrable experience working in a treasury function
- Desired: NetSuite system experience
In 2017, Kobalt was named Publisher of the Year at the Music Week Awards (UK) and has won the Independent Music Publisher Award eighth consecutive times. Kobalt Music Group was recognised as the 2013 ASCAP Publishing Administrator of the Year and in 2014 our industry leading Portal web application won the "Innovation in Publishing" award at the MusicAlly awards.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
- Client Requirements
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Treasury Services