When our founder Bruce McLaren passed away at the age of 32 he left behind a legacy that has shaped who we are today. We have an unrivalled heritage which has its roots in racing; but McLaren Automotive is now creating a story of its own and we want you to be a part of it.
For the next 6 years as part of McLaren’s Track 22 plan, we are looking to invest £1 billion into Research and Development, leading to the launch of 15 all-new cars or derivatives during this period.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an intelligent and driven individual to join our Engineering finance team as a Finance Manager to support in managing the development of future vehicle programmes. This is a great opportunity to influence the future direction of our vehicle strategy and join a high performing team.
Purpose of the role:
To Finance Manager role will provide support to the Head of Finance in managing and reporting the budgets for our Engineering department.
Provide a platform which drives budget holder accountability and achieve effective use of resources.
- Collaborating with the key stakeholders to analyse and review the programme costs vs. budget on a regular basis
- Proactively identify and communicate any risks and opportunities to the business and working with the budget owners to find mitigating actions where applicable
- Challenge the budget owners to ensure best value for money for the business and to ensure material decisions are made on both a technical and business case basis
- Lead the month end process for Engineering Finance ensuring all deadlines are met and relevant issues are communicated to Central Finance
- Preparation and review of the monthly programme Management Pack and overall programme business case
- Provide insightful commentary as to the drivers behind variances to budget with mitigating actions
- Preparation and submission of quarterly forecasts and budgets for the vehicle programmes
- Challenge assumptions and ensure robustness of programme forecasting and headcount planning
- Support the Advanced Manufacturing focus group, providing robust business cases to develop and support recommendations for investment in future technologies
- Become the SAP Super User for Engineering Finance, helping to train all new starters in the team and work with the Finance Continuous Improvement lead to identify system inefficiencies and recommendations to improve these
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Experience working within a project accounting role is essential due to the nature of the role
- Advanced Excel skills to interrogate and manage large volumes of complex data.
- Experience of accounting systems, i.e. SAP, Oracle preferred but not essential
- Ability to not only understand and be comfortable with the detail but also to summarise key aspects for management consumption.
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement approach to work, including but not limited to, identifying areas for process improvements and implementing robust solutions, especially with the pending migration to SAP in the coming months.
- A Qualified Accountant
- Pro-active, passionate, confident and ambitious individual
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with operational (non-financial) colleagues, most of whom are at a senior level in the company
- Persistence and drive to get the job done
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to manage conflicting priorities and tight deadlines.
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
At McLaren Automotive we are constantly looking to improve. To become the employer of choice we are always looking to develop our employee offerings. We currently offer a range of benefits to employees at all levels of the business including Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Personal Lease Car Scheme. We also offer a range of discounts with our partner organisations.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job