Athwal Resourcing is currently recruiting for a Finance Manager on behalf of an established growing charity based in Stourbridge. The charity continues to grow organically and has now created a new position for an operationally focused Finance Manager reporting into the Finance Director with a proactive 'can do' attitude. The Finance Manager will be responsible for the day to day management of the charity's finance function. This includes the accounting, reporting and taking on the responsibility for ensuring the day to day central finance office is running smoothly.
The Finance Manager role is very varied. Duties include:
- Base Accounting: To ensure the general day to day running of the finance office. This includes base accounting; accruals and prepayments; balance sheet reconciliations; purchase ledger control, review and authorisation of payment runs in a timely manner;
- Monthly Management Information: Producing monthly consolidated management accounts with full P+L and Balance sheet for the Charity including KPI reporting and variance analysis for Finance Director review. Including review of management accounts submissions from community finance staff for accuracy and consistency;
- Cashflow and Working Capital: Co-ordination of community cash flow reporting and production of rolling cash flow forecasts for the charity as a whole; ensuring working capital and cashflow is monitored periodically;
- Accounting system: Be the accounting system administrator and main point of contact for system queries to facilitate the smooth transition of the accounts from Sage to Open accounts;
- Budgeting: Assist in the annual budget preparation including reviews of local community budgets and production of the consolidated budgets;
- Statutory Reporting: Assist in the production of annual accounts and audit files and co-ordination of annual audit, including day to day liaison with the auditors;
- External regulatory financial information and returns: Ensuring Tax returns including quarterly VAT returns, PAYE etc are accurate in line with charity rules and submitted in a timely manner. Ensuring the financial accounting records are maintained and accurately reported externally;
- Fixed Asset Register: Maintenance of the manual Fixed Asset Register, including compiling additions and disposals schedules and monthly depreciation journals;
- Staff Management: Responsible for the day to day management of central finance staff, including personal appraisals;
- Capital Property Projects: Maintain Cost Control schedules, ensuring expenditure is in line with CAPEX approval, accounted correctly and VAT is accounted for appropriately;
- Head Office Support: Supporting local finance officers with their queries, supporting the Finance Director any commercial type projects or initiatives which work across the charity; to ensure the smooth running of the business;
- Operational Excellence: Working closely with the Finance Director to ensure that financial best practice is adopted across the business, ensuring high service levels to both internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will:
- Ideally be fully qualified CIMA, ACA or ACCA;
- Must have solid experience in the preparation of management accounts, annual accounts cashflow/budgets etc;
- Demonstrable experience in the day to day running of a finance office for a multi-company/cost centre environment;
- Knowledge & experience of Charity accounts & SORP would be an advantage;
- Able to manage a small finance team, be self-motivated and highly organised with a strong administrative management background;
- Able to work proactively while unsupervised and use own judgement;
- Enthusiastic with excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Able to build relationships both internally (at all levels within the charity, including finance professionals and senior management) and expertly with external stakeholders, e.g. funders, professional advisers & bankers, regulators etc;
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet modelling skills and ideally experience of Open Accounts system.
The Finance Manager is a pivotal role working financially and operationally with the Finance Director and Community finance teams to provide necessary support for all of the charity's activities, particularly in the development and improvement of timely, accurate and quality management information.