Peterborough: Cambridgeshire: Due to continued expansion, The One Group have been engaged by a Peterborough business to recruit an ambitious qualified accountant for a newly created position.
This offers an excellent role for a technical accountant (ideally practice trained), offering the successful candidate the opportunity to understand the financials of a diverse and constantly changing industry and make the role their own.
As the Financial Manager you will support the Group Finance Controller and Finance Director in the provision of crucial business information through the accounts team.
Key duties include:
- Assisting the Financial Controller to improve and implement systems;
- Assisting with the Year End audit and accounts preparation;
- Ensuring month-end tasks are achieved within the necessary time-scales;
- Taking ownership of areas of the department and helping junior members of the team develop.
(with a view to taking on the management of 2 junior team members later in the year)
- Responsibility for accuracy of month end and year end accounts.
Suitable applicants will have:
Experience in the use of Sage accounts is preferable;
Efficient and uncompromising approach to month-end and general accounting processes;
Ability to implement new processes to improve efficiency;
Qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA. This would offer an excellent entry level position for a qualified accountant, seeking an entry Commerce and Industry position from public practice
In return you will have plenty of opportunity to learn and develop, with promotion opportunities available