Southend on Sea
Our client is an outsourced contact centre company owned and managed by professionals who possess numerous years of experience in delivering intelligent customer contact solutions.
They are recruiting a Finance Manager to join them here at their European award winning contact centre based in Southend on Sea.
As the Finance Manager, you will have overall responsibility of the company’s finance function on a day-to-day basis.
This will also include producing monthly billing and management reporting as well as understanding, monitoring and tracking of accounts and finance.
- Using Sage 50 Accounts Professional
- Reconciliation of bank accounts on a daily/weekly basis
- Reconciliation of invoice finance account on a daily/weekly basis
- Understanding cash position of business and keeping Managing Director informed of cash requirements
- Debt collection
- Raising sales invoices
- Managing the sales, purchase and nominal ledgers
- Reconciliation of all control accounts on the balance sheet including debtors control, all bank accounts, creditors control, VAT and PAYE, net wages control, company credit cards, bank loan and asset finance accounts
- Producing monthly profit and loss accounts and balance sheet
- Reviewing trial balance to ensure everything is reconciled and agreed
- Managing bank payments; supplier BACS payments, salary bulk payments and PAYE etc.
- Monthly client billing processes
- Resolving client and supplier payment and billing queries
- Maintaining petty cash fund
- Monthly management reporting
- Reporting back to the Managing Director and commenting on monthly results including explanation of variances
- Monitor and manage all company financing agreements; bank loans and asset finance
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Liaising with external accountants and providing Year End and ad hoc assistance
- Main point of contact for bank relationship team
- Reporting directly to Managing Director and providing assistance as required
- Managing company insurance renewals; PI and office
- Providing support to other departments as and when required
The ideal candidate for the Finance Manager position will be responsible for the following skills and attributes:
- Minimum AAT Level 4 qualified is essential
- Has the right to legally work in the UK
- Minimum of 3 years in a Finance Manager for an SME
- Experience in using Sage 50 Accounts Professional
- Reconciliation of bank accounts, invoicing and balance sheets
- Understanding of Chart accounts
- Understanding of gross profit margins
Preferable additional skills:
Experience of, or exposure to, Management Accounting including:
- Assisting in cash flow forecasts
- Assisting in business projections
- Pricing and gross profit review and analysis
- Assisting in obtaining finance if required
Finance Manager Benefits
- 28 Days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Statutory Pension
If you feel you are suitable for the Finance Manager position, please apply now!