This is a great role to enter in to this Lloyds business. The client is looking for a recently qualified, enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to join their business as Finance Manager. The Finance Manager will be responsible for the Financial Planning element in the business and will report directly to the Financial Controller. This is a role that will offer an exciting challenge for the successful candidate with clear progression evident in the business.
Traditionally a mutual insurance business this company is a recognised leader in markets to which it operates. The business has approx 120 employees and 11 in the Finance area. This is a vibrant business and one that is forward thinking and ambitious.
- Lead activity to improve reporting and planning processes
- Identify and implement system and process improvements
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of Lloyds returns and other related reports, (e.g. QMA/B, SITUS, SRD, SBF, and SIS returns).
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of all Solvency II regulatory reporting as required of the Finance team (e.g. Solvency II Balance Sheet and Assets submissions).
- Assist in the development of the Solvency II Pillar 3 reporting requirements and related Lloyd's returns (QMC and QAD).
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of financial and management reports (e.g. monthly US GAAP packs and statutory accounts) and related commentary.
- Involvement in process enhancement in the financial accounting and reporting area where necessary, particularly around the new Solvency II Pillar 3 reporting requirements.
- Prepare the submission of tax related returns (e.g. VAT returns, QIP payments, P11D, and PSA Agreements).
- Provide the tax advisors with the information needed to produce the year end tax computations and perform a first review of the computations.
- Preparation of the annual financial report and accounts across multiple entities.
- Preparation of information for external auditors and the liaising with them to ensure audit goes smoothly and a good relationship is maintained.
- Involvement in other finance team projects and development, as required.
- Perform a first review of returns and work prepared by the accountants in the team.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA) or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years PQE and with Insurance experience.
- Proactive people management and stakeholder management.
- Current knowledge of accounting and insurance regulatory environment.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in MS Office applications, including Excel with knowledge of SUN and Vision being desirable.
- Experience of Lloyd's and regulatory reporting desirable.
- Knowledge of US GAAP desirable.
- Awareness of Solvency II desirable.