Sheringhams Fine Foods Ltd
Job Title : Finance Manager
Reporting To : The Chairman
Hours : 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday
Location : London, SW8
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced finance professional to join the ranks of an already large, and still expanding business.
Sheringhams Fine Foods Ltd is a wholesale fresh fruit and vegetable supplier based in New Covent Garden Market, London SW8. The company’s annual turnover is in excess of £20m, and we currently employee around 170 staff. We are looking to hire an experienced finance manager to oversee all financial aspects of our business.
The main objectives of this role are to manage and control the company’s finances, including payroll and business overheads, and to offer analytical support to the senior management team by providing monthly management accounts and departmental budgets.
The ideal candidate would have a history in finance, along with an excellent understanding of all areas of business management. They would be conscientious in their role and would execute their daily tasks methodically and flawlessly.
- Work with existing independent accountants to produce monthly management accounts.
- Produce and manage departmental budgets.
- Provide analytical support on key financial issues.
- Arrange weekly payment runs to suppliers.
- Ensure good cash flow at all times.
- Manage VAT submissions.
- Co-ordinate with independent accountants to run the monthly payroll.
- Manage and continuously review business overheads.
- Oversee and assist with customer payment allocations.
- Control and maintain healthy debtors and creditors accounts.
- Manage and reconcile credit card/petty cash expenditure.
Experience and Skills Required
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified / part-qualified preferred.
- Highly organised and results oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, complimented by professional maturity.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Previous experience in payroll required.
- Strong abilities in numeracy and data analysis.
- Credit Control
- Management Accounts
- Microsoft Excel
- Purchase Ledger