My client a well-established global organisation require an experienced Finance Manager to join established finance team based at their Head Office in Maidenhead.
A senior business partner role providing financial advice and support to the Head of this division as well as the wider management team.
Produce monthly management accounts for locations in the United Kingdom and multiple locations internationally. You will have 1 direct report and be responsible for a multi-million pound budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* You will leads the finance function across the UK and various international locations delivering a comprehensive financial service to ensure that the area achieves its business objectives within its defined budget.
* Provides advice to the Head of the division, Head Office Managers, Regional Managers, Regional Operations Coordinators and Technical Supervisors on all financial matters.
* Accountable for producing, implementing and embedding financial regulations, processes and practices for the division.
* Manage the Month End process and reporting to the Central Finance team.
* Leads on the production of the annual operational budget
* Prepares and briefs Director Resources and Head of Management Accounts on the division's Quarterly position and forecast.
* Prepares the division's Quarterly position for review by the organisations Management Board.
* Chairs the divisions Quarterly Finance Meeting with the divisions Head Office management team, and any other budget holders, to review the area's financial performance.
* Produce the monthly management accounts for the division, back-brief budget holders on financial performance and initiates corrective action where necessary.
* Produce rolling forecasts, linked to the instigation of corrective action, where necessary.
* Prepares the financial aspects to any business case to support major investment decisions and compare variances post implementation and review.
* Reconcile the division's payroll on a monthly basis and investigate any variances.
* Provide effective support to key finance processes completed in the divisions overseas regions whilst providing financial leadership and support across all Regions and the Head Office management team.
* Oversee the financial performance of the wider regional teams.
* Identify finance skills training needs within the division, highlight skills gaps and evaluate financial training requirements.
* Analysis of the financial data relating to the divisions projects and ensure that all projects stay within their defined budgets.
* You will assist the divisions managers in managing project funding and you will be a permanent member on individual Project Boards.
* Develop, implement and embed project management financial reporting and forecasting systems if necessary.
* Provide tailored financial reports to the Head of the division and the other Head Office and Regional managers as required.
Skills and Experience Required:
* Fully qualified or Finalist level CIMA/ACCA Accountant.
* Good commercial instincts and the ability to negotiate and be pro-active.
* Excellent spreadsheet and IT skills. Knowledge of the 'Great Plains' financial system would be an advantage.
* Have an analytical and enquiring mind.
* Good organisational and inter-personal skills.
* Accuracy and attention to detail are absolute requirements to be successful in the role.
* A willingness to undertake continual professional development.
* You should have previously gained some supervisory/managerial experience.
* Experience of system implementation and process engineering would be advantageous.
* Demonstrable international experience advantageous.
* You should hold a valid passport and drivers licence as some travel within the UK and overseas will be required on an ad-hoc basis.
If you are looking for an organisation that is supportive and values its staff and you enjoy adding value and making a difference this could be the role for you. For more information on the role of Finance Manager please contact me directly.