Anthony Cole Associates are proud of be working with a rapidly growing organisation whose mission is to improve public health and welfare in low- and middle-income countries. Due to company growth, they are looking for a Finance Officer in a newly created role to strengthen their financial management capacity.
The Finance Officer will oversee the financial administration of the office under guidance of the Head of Finance. A primary responsibility will be financial management and reporting of their largest grant, as well as handling contacts with UK tax authorities, and contributing to the development of financial processes and procedures. The Finance Officer will also be the focal point for ensuring the smooth running of UK payroll and expense reimbursement.
Main responsibilities of the Finance Officer:
- Grant management and reporting for their largest current project
- Financial administration of the UK office as defined by the Head of Finance
- Assist in all matters related to financial management: planning, forecasting, budget monitoring and reporting
- Process invoices, ensure reimbursement of expenses, bank transactions, and management of petty cash for the UK office
- Updating records and databases for staff salaries, new starter payroll information, etc.
- Handle contacts with the UK tax authorities, UK payroll management and accounting firm and local financial services providers (bank, insurance, pension institutions)
- Assist in the close financial follow-up and reporting of institutional grants in accordance with specific donor requirements
- Facilitate the annual external audit activities in close collaboration with the Stockholm-based accountant
- Monitor project timesheet completion and send out reminders as appropriate.
- Ensure the implementation and development of financial policies and procedures
The successful Finance Officer will have:
- A genuine interest in, and willingness to further understand, the mission and operations of the organisation
- A minimum of three years professional experience in finance within a grant based organisation, (inc financial analysis), accounting and budgeting
- Demonstrated success in institutional donors grant management and project financial management and reporting
- Demonstrated success in implementing finance and administration policies and processes.
- Rigorous, attentive to detail, outstanding organisational skills, able to prioritize
- Someone who enjoys collaborative work as part of an effective team
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Audit
- Strong IT skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
- Familiar with ERP systems
- European languages a strong plus. Swedish, Norwegian or Danish is a very significant plus.
- International experience, especially in an NGO, also a plus
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company and contribute to save lives and improve welfare to low and middle-income countries. As the Finance Officer, you will have experience working in a broad role within a small to medium sized SME entrepreneurial organisation/business and be willing to take responsibility of the company’s finance area. Please apply for further details.
- Financial Analysis
- Budget Monitoring
- UK Tax
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job