- To ensure all duties carried out comply strictly with the Solicitors’ Accounts Rules.
- To have responsibility for the efficient running of the Finance Team. To this end you will manage and support the Finance Assistants by ensuring that they can carry out their duties, know what is involved in their roles and when necessary carry out their roles on a back-up basis.
- To support the Finance Director.
- Specific responsibilities for this role:
- Month end reporting of the financial position of the firm
- Month end system process
- Monthly balancing of cash books, office and client
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintaining the fixed asset register
- Prepayments and accruals
- VAT return and VAT monitoring
- Payroll input and liaising with TopSource
- Pension and Life Assurance Administration
- Liaison with Tikit on Finance issues
- Year-end schedules
- Assisting with budgeting and forecasting
Continually looking for and implementing process improvements
Skills and qualifications
- The Firm runs a computer system based on Windows and Word. A Case Management System is provided to run all matters. All staff need to be conversant with the principles behind the programmes and training will be given.
- The use of e-mail and voice mail feature in office procedures and the principle of good communication will be constantly addressed.
- You will be accountable to the Finance Partner and COFA, and the Finance Director (or such other fee earners as may be designated from time to time).
- You are ultimately accountable to the Managing Partner for your quality of work and actions to the Partnership as a whole for your work on behalf of the Firm.
If this role is of interest to you please apply and one of our Consultants will endeavour to contact you to go through this position and any other potential vacancies that may be suitable, based on your skills, ability and industry experience. Maxim is acting as an Employment Agency in regard to this vacancy.
- Finance Manager