At McLaren Automotive our vision is not only to become the iconic sports car manufacturer but also to deliver breath-taking, iconic and innovative new technology to the automotive industry.
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our mission to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
Purpose of the Role:
- Reporting to the Head of Finance - Engineering and Operations, the successful post holder will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of financial management and reporting for our future vehicle development programmes. This will also require delivery of McLaren objectives through efficient management of financial resources and collaboration with engineering and programme directors.
- A high-profile role managing a small team of finance analysts
- An integral part of the management team for future vehicle programmes
- Dotted line responsibility to the engineering and programme directors and regular interaction with members of the Executive board
- Managing budgets for development programmes, supporting the approval of budgets at shareholder level and driving accountability at budget holder level.
- Delivery of month end results for vehicle programmes, including consistent and insightful reporting to directors and contribution to the monthly management accounts commentary.
- Stimulate and deliver process and efficiency improvements.
- Delivery of monthly internal forecasts and quarterly forecasts for input into the wider business forecast.
- Responsibility for accurate forecasting and reporting of all development programme investment budgets, headcount planning and Bill of Material cost management. Control and maintain live register of risks and opportunities
- Challenge and motivate stakeholders to deliver best value for money and efficient development of new products.
- Management of a finance analyst, including setting objectives which are aligned with the wider business’ strategic objectives and delivering the appraisal process for this person.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience in managing and developing a successful budget process.
- Confident and concise communication skills, with an ability to clearly convey key messages
- Strong system skills including SAP and MS Office
- Fully qualified accountant with at least 2 years post qualification experience.
- Must have strong attention to detail, be tenacious and comfortable with ambiguity
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement approach to work, including but not limited to, identifying areas for process improvements and implementing robust solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills coupled with the ability to build strong and lasting relationship with internal stakeholders.
- Time management and organisational skills, with an adaptable and flexible working style.
- A self-starter who can work independently with minimal support but can also work in a team environment.
- Able to work under pressure yet deliver on time with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Confident in questioning the validity of information and in offering ideas and solutions.
- Strong people management and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with and influence colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
- Passion for the automotive industry
- Persistence and drive to get the job done
If you are passionate about pushing the boundaries of processes and technologies and have an entrepreneurial mind-set, join us at the heart of an exciting journey apply now to be part of cutting edge pioneering projects.