A leading technology company are looking for a switched on Finance Manager to join them in their London office. This position plays a pivotal role within the team and requires a candidate who is confident dealing with senior stakeholders.
- Responsible for providing high quality analysis to senior stakeholders.
- Support the FC to develop the transactional finance team and build capabilities.
- Full responsibility for revenue recognition processing and accounting.
- Support the finance teams wider plans to move to SaaS systems.
- Manage cashflow reporting and forecasting.
- Actively partner operational management and build decision support.
- Introduce best practice to promote efficiency in financial operations.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Support the FC to develop the transactional finance team.
- Working with the FC take a lead to ensure efficiency in transactional processing.
- Recommend development needs of the team and support the development.
- Assist/lead systems development towards SaaS.
- Develop knowledge between team members to ensure cover is provided when needed.
Month end reporting process:
- Assist with the month end reporting process to deliver the monthly finance report.
- Ensure key accounts are reconciled and controlled and supported by good documentation.
- Working with the FC identify and action process improvements.
- Key focus on revenue recognition reporting and excellence.
- Indirect link to commercial and sales operations for data analysis.
- Contract review and analysis.
- Systems development and support.
Actively partner operational manager and develop business support:
- Establish strong financial support relationships with key operational management.
- Understand the nature of the business activities.
- Deliver efficient and effective finance processes to support business objectives.
- Proactive and accurate in delivery of information for operational management.
Establish and maintain company process and procedure compliance:
- Support the FC in developing policies and procedures.
- Monitor activity, taking corrective actions as required.
- Have a process mindset and be an advocate for process developments.
- Support the FC in implementing and ensuring compliance with financial processes.
Assist with the year end audit process and statutory audit:
- Work with the FC and FD in agreeing the year end audit processes.
- Maintain good documentation to support audit and statutory accounts.
Key Attributes & qualifications:
- Part Qualified/Qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA, ACMA).
- 0-1 year post qual experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of accounting and qualified accountant.
- Experience of using Navision advantageous.
- Good spreadsheet and written skills.
- Financial Analysis
- Revenue Recognition