Our Client are a leading Infrastructure Sponsor / Developer. They have a varied portfolio of infrastructure PFI/PPP assets across the UK. Due to exceptional growth they are now looking to add a Finance Manager to their team.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Finance Manager / SPV Accountant will be expected to operate as the "Finance Director" and the Company Secretary of their projects. This Finance Manager role will support the SPV PFI General Manager (GM) of the relevant projects in the effective delivery of the SPV’s PFI statutory and contractual obligations.
- In conjunction with the SPV Project Director, the Finance Manager will review all SPV PFI contractual and funding agreements and ensure that all obligations are recorded on each SPV’s Corporate Calendar and continuously review each SPV’s risk register and ensure mitigating actions are closed out.
- The Finance Manager will provide the board with "Finance Director" calibre advice on operational and financial risks and opportunities and make recommendations on appropriate courses of action.
- Manage the Business Planning and Model update process strictly in accordance with the requirements of the Financing Agreements and each SPV’s investors, and the organisations policies.
- Finance Manager to ensure that the financial models reflect contractual, statutory, regulatory and commercial provisions.
- Prepare and assist in the presentation of the Business Plan and Model Update to each PFI PPP SPV’s board for approval.
- SPV Accountant to secure funder approval of the updated model and deliver shareholders returns as expected.
- Finance Manager to prepare the annual operating budget and present this for board approval.
- Deliver the annual budget to the funder(s) in accordance with the requirement of the Financing Agreements.
- Ensure documented financial controls and segregation of duties are appropriately in place for each SPV and monitor compliance to such controls.
- SPV Finance Manager to attend monthly management account reviews and instruct the Accounting team by providing the project specific financial procedures and information.
- Instruct the Accounting team of payments to be made to shareholders and senior debt providers.
- Manage the payment authorisation process.
- Undertake regular reviews of the monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Manage each SPV’s taxation obligations in accordance with the relevant tax legislation and, as appropriate, in accordance of the advice of each SPV’s tax advisors.
- Prepare and manage the audit process and the relationship with each SPV’s legal and tax advisors.
- Manage the preparation and the appropriate filing of unaudited interim accounts, as required.
- Manage all financial reporting requirements of each SPV, including the relevant Stock Market Reporting and Disclosure requirements for SPVs funded by Listed Debt.
- Ensure the effective management of the financial aspects of project variations, lifecycle expenditure, benchmarking and market testing in accordance with the requirements of the Contractual Agreements and in conjunction with each SPV’s site team and the Finance and Commercial Director.
- Ensure effective and compliant treasury and working capital management in order to maximise shareholder returns and minimise risk.
- Manage each SPV’s invoicing, credit control and creditor payment cycle.
- Manage each SPV’s insurance obligations in conjunction with its insurance brokers and providers.
- Prepare and submit required statutory returns to Companies House and maintain the Vehicle records.
- Ensure that board meetings and proceedings are properly organised, conducted and recorded as required by the relevant Companies Act and the Contractual Agreements.
- Support the organisations Risk Management programme and ensure agreed recommendations are implemented.
- ACCA, CIMA or ACA.
- Currently a member of a recognised accounting body.
If this role is of interest please apply in confidence. All successful applicants will be contacted within 5 working days.
- Finance Manager
- Project Accounting