My client is a large multinational retailing company, they are seeking a Finance Manager to join their London office on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
About the role;
My client has an exciting vacancy for a Retail & Franchise Finance Manager. This role will work closely with the Retail Director, Head of International and Operational teams facilitating the financial planning, reporting and decision making across the Retail and Franchise Channels. Focusing upon current performance, risks & opportunities and future business expansion.
• Responsible for weekly updates with the Retail Operations Director and will be the direct contact for the Area Managers.
• Portfolio management - Working closely with Property & Retail Operations Director to review existing sites and proposed opportunities. Responsible for capital expenditure including assessment of proposals, investment appraisal and post investment analysis, reporting on new stores and mods performance.
• Weekly and monthly reporting. Analysis of Regional, Area and Store performance to support key business decisions. Continually challenging reports produced to minimise time spent on non-value adding work.
• Ensure a consistent approach to financial KPIs across both businesses.
• Responsible for store planning process; liaising closely with Area Managers, Branch Trading etc putting forward plans for sales, payroll and controllable costs.
• Responsible for the Retail P&L of both brands, from sales down to contribution with particular focus on the cost base, especially payroll. Ensuring all controllable costs are appropriately managed and highlighting any risks and opportunities to stakeholders.
• Business Partnering with Head of International to understand trade and what risks/opps exist and the drivers behind regional variances for the brands.
• Working closely with the Franchise merchandising teams to forecast and ensure the correct stock is available in the business.
• Key liaison between the brands and Group International Finance team.
You will be;
• A qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA); with some experience in retail preferable.
• A fast learner capable of establishing credibility with senior players early on.
• A resilient self-starter who is comfortable with changing deadlines and the need to re-appraise priorities. Able to manage the team workload and harnessing all available resources to deliver objectives
• A strong communicator and excellent relationship builder who is able to articulate their point clearly and concisely with both finance and non- finance functions, and is comfortable with challenging others.
• Pro-active - seeking out topical issues and developing relevant finance support.
• An enthusiastic team player who can achieve optimum performance through coaching and development whilst creating an energising and motivating environment.
• Excellent Microsoft Excel and systems skills.
- International Finance
- Portfolio Management