Global, US-owned telecommunications firm is looking for a qualified Finance Manager (preferably ACA) to join its EMEA Finance team based in Central London.
The role sits in an EMEA Financial Reporting team of around 30 people (as part of a large EMEA finance department of c.150), and reports to the Senior Finance Manager (Accounting and Reporting). The role will manage up to 3 Accountants
- Responsible for consolidated EMEA Management reporting - P&L and balance sheet
- Responsible for review of and providing MOM commentary on detailed EMEA P&L (i.e. below EBITDA items)
- Responsible for reconciliation of inter-company balances on a monthly basis
- Review of any local statistical returns prepared by direct reports
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly review of reasonableness of foreign exchange gains and losses
- Monthly US GAAP management reporting in respect of a number of EMEA legal entities including review of commentary/ management reporting prepared by direct reports
- Monthly VAT returns and associated reporting (Intra-stat and any other local reports) with assistance (review and technical assistance) from the EMEA tax team
- Preparation and review of of local GAAP financial statements for a number of EMEA entities
- Review month end Netex (Network Cost) entries - including Cost of Sales, Voice, and other accrual and prepayments journals and preparing commentary explaining MOM variances
- Being first point of contact on legal entities and managing the local statutory audits
- Preparation and review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations in respect of netex
- Assisting the EMEA Senior Manager, Controller & Senior Director with any one-off accounting related projects
- The ideal candidate will have qualified in ACA (or equivalent) in a leading Accounting Practice before moving into a senior Accounting / Reporting role in Industry (there is some flexibility for exceptional candidates)
- Strong technical accounting experience including working knowledge of US GAAP
- Staff management experience highly desirable
- Oracle and or SAP experience highly desirable, as well as advanced MS Excel skills
- The required candidate for this role would preferably have worked in a large and busy multinational company
- Candidate should be "hands-on", accurate, flexible, a good team player, self-motivated and pay attention to details.
- Sense of organisation, planning and prioritisation are compulsory.