Our client, a rapidly growing Cheltenham based organisation are looking to on-board a part time Finance Manager to provide accounting support to the business at this exciting phase of development and growth. The successful candidate will be newly qualified or part qualified accountant.
Reporting to the MD, the purpose of this role is to provide accounting support to the business at an exciting phase of development and growth. Primary responsibilities involve supporting the MD in the preparation of the monthly management accounts, oversight of the payroll function and liaising with the Group Finance team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining records of all receipts and payments
- Reconciliation of the bank account
- Preparation of monthly accruals, prepayments and other group journals
- Consolidation of results from 2 locations
- Liaison with and support for business managers
- Oversight of the payroll function, support business managers in all payroll matters
- Report to business managers and management on staff costs
- Assist with preparation of staff costs budgets and forecasts
- Process accounts and reconcile each payment with internal CRM
- Report to MD on commission pipelines and query all outstanding items
- Liaise with external auditors at interim and final audit visits
- Work with Group Finance to produce statutory accounts within tight year end timescales
- Work with Business Managers to address learning needs and identify and implement process improvements
Your skills and experience should include:
- Qualified or Part Qualified to ACCT
- Evidence of commercial finance knowledge and experience within a strong control environment
- Able to influence through developing internal and external relationships at a senior level
- Advanced excel skills
- Previous experience of Sage Line 50 useful but not essential
- Payroll experience useful but not essential
- Commercial experience: ability to process data from multiple sources into accurate accounts with clear audit trail and tight controls
- Vision to identify and implement further process improvements to simplify and streamline the reporting cycle
Please Contact Claire Pitts at Adjacency today for more information.
Adjacency provides permanent and interim management recruitment services to a wide range of clients. We source exceptional talent. We deliver a robust, value added approach to every campaign we undertake; connecting the right people to the right career option. We bring expertise and resources to successfully deliver upon Finance, Sales & Marketing, Human Resources and Operations remits up to Board level appointments. Each assignment is dealt with by discipline specialists, with current market knowledge, who will deliver a shortlist incorporating exceptional people from a diverse and multicultural talent pool.
- Finance Manager
- Management Accounts
- Sage Line