Finance Manager for a division of a large business based in Central London. This opportunity looks after a team of 7 and therefore includes 1-2-1's, appraisal and reviewing work. You will ensure work is completed to deadlines, with accurate output and all necessary month end tasks/reconciliations. You will then use your skills as a Finance Business Partner and provide advice to the organisation.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Review & Approve management accounts and monthly reporting packs in accordance with group accounting rules and deadlines.
- Review & Approve quarterly disclosure information for consolidation reporting.
- Liaise with external auditors to plan & co-ordinate audits for each company.
- Co-ordinate preparation of statutory financial statements for UK entities and provide technical support & guidance.
- Review VAT Returns and Corporation Tax Returns for UK entities before submission to Tax Department.
- Take the lead in liaisons with internal corporate departments (Treasury, IT, Investment, Tax, etc) in order to anticipate & resolve problems.
- Continually apply and review accounting treatments under Local GAAP & IFRS and advise Business on accounting impacts of new standards or legislative requirements.
- Provide support for new Group companies to set up proper Accounting & Controls Framework.
- Take lead for any necessary change/development of accounting system & treasury system.
- Team budget preparation & monitoring.
- Review and approve all entries made by the team
- Approval of expenses
- Ensure team members have correct knowledge and skill to carry out their role
- Manage staff resources to ensure achievement of business requirements
- Appraisal performance review for staff
You will be educated to degree level and either be Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or you can be Qualified by Experience. You will ideally have SAP and experience in Oil & Gas, Energy, Transport, mining etc
Our client needs someone from either Commerce & Industry or Financial Services with excellent written and verbal communication skills who is self-driven, flexible and adaptable. You will need to have previous team management experience and have prepared financial statements.