We are looking for a confident part-qualified Accountant to handle the daily Financials, Bookkeeping, Management Reporting and Financial Planning of the USA division. This will make up around 70% of the job with the remaining 30% allocated to providing assistance with the accounts payables of the UK operation.
The successful candidate will be taking over from the New-York based Financial Controller and will become the third member of the London finance team in an office of 15 people under the supervision of the Group Financial Controller. The candidate will work closely with the US director and team based in New York.
The position will involve fairly regular travel to the New York office.
• Daily bookkeeping operations including receivables, payables, factoring, banking etc
• Stock reconciliations
• Cash flow management and cash planning
• Monthly management reporting and yearly budgeting
• Follow-up sales actuals vs targets throughout the month with the sales team
• Yearly financial reporting in partnership with our New-York based auditors
• Monthly and Quarterly tax-returns (Sales tax, custom duties, payroll etc )
• Bi-monthly payroll
• Internal control processes & procedures, follow-up insurance and licence contracts
• Relation with third parties (Banks, Lawyers, Auditors etc.)
As this is a sole accountant role, it does involves basic bookkeeping and daily routines transactions however what is essential for the company is the ability of the successful candidate to follow cash and financial planning and a strong commercial awareness is also needed.
The salary is flexible, depending on experience with BUPA private medical insurance on successful completion of probation period.
The successful candidate will be expected to work in the London finance team for the first 12 months before relocating to New York.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business