About the Opportunity
As a Finance Manager in the Opex team you will be responsible for ensuring the general accounting processes, performed both internally and externally (outsource provider of back office general accounting processing), are completed timely and accurately for the UK business. You deliver with precision and you will see opportunities where others see challenges.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you will join our Global Accounting Operations function based out of our office in Hatfield and report to the European OPEX Controller.
You will be responsible for:
• Accurate recording of all operating expenses for the UK entity in a timely and accurate manner ensuring adherence to the month-end timetable - this will include journal preparation, review of processes, ad-hoc requests to review positions, month-end and year-end reporting
• Ensuring month-end review and reporting supports the overall close process
• Providing support to external outsource provider of back office general accounting processes to obtain answers for exceptions that arise within the process
• Providing support service to colleagues elsewhere in the business on all operating expense related activities.
• Supporting the OPEX Controller in resolving queries relating to operating expense related queries
• Review and analysis to support the Tax Department for VAT purposes
• Ownership of the UK OPEX processes and results, including balance sheet reconciliation
• Ensuring month end reconciliations are completed timely and accurately; reconciling items are appropriately investigated and actioned
• Identifying and suggesting process improvements that generate efficiencies or strengthen our controls
• Providing direct input into various ad-hoc projects that require understanding and fixing control issues that arise; thereby developing strong analytical and deduction skills
• Liaising with Internal and External audit to resolve any issues and queries
• Knowledge of the general accounting processes within a large, multinational business
• Good ERP/Accounting system skills (ideally SAP) with the ability to utilise general functionality and keen to develop ability to extract raw data as required
• Good Microsoft Excel skills (Pivot tables; Filters; formulas)
• Ability to work under own initiative
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Demonstrates a high level of ownership and accountability
• An inherent sense of curiosity and desire to implement process improvements
• Studying for a professional qualification (ACCA/CIMA); training and assistance given
• Experience of working with off-shore outsource provider and within an shared service environment
• Knowledge of SAP accounting system
• Fluency in a second European language - ideally French or German
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything, we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
Pitney Bowes is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
All interested individuals must apply online.
***No Agencies Please***
- Finance Manager
- Microsoft Excel
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job