The successful applicant will be responsible for the day to day management of the finance department. This will include overseeing and managing the month end accounts up to board pack, cash and FX management, control of nominal ledger and the overseeing of banking, purchase ledger, sales ledger and credit control activities.
We are looking for an experienced and outgoing individual who can work without day to day supervision and make decisions in relation to employees, subcontractors, external suppliers and customers. You should be able to work independently to implement systems that will improve the operational and financial efficiency of the business. Having a strong understanding of accounting processes within the recruitment sector is essential to this position.
Responsibilities will include:-
- Timesheet Processing - determining amounts and processing cash transfers to cover all contractor payments, ensuring all sales invoices go out and checking/authorising contractor payments.
- Payroll - preparation of payroll report, including review of commission report, to be used by outsourced payroll provider and issuing of pay slips.
- Cash Management - maintaining weekly cash flow report, supplier payment management, managing FX and authorising office running expenses.
- Month End - reviewing reports and month end schedules, ensuring that the board pack information is accurate, complete, and finished by the deadline date.
- Tax - VAT returns, EC Sales lists, ensuring PAYE/NI is paid, PSA, P11Ds, withholding tax, corporation tax, and audit liaison for headline matters.
- Forecasting - maintaining contractor forecasts, yearly forecasts, and ad hoc scenario analysis when required.
- Banking - first point of contact with relationship manager.
- Part Qualified or Qualified Accountant - ACA / ACCA / CIMA
- Degree in Accountancy or Finance
- Minimum 5 years working in a similar role
- Previous experience in the recruitment industry with contractor payroll
- Experience using Xero Accounting Software or similar package