Finance Manager - Group
Our client is a world leading Retail Group with Headquarters in London. They employ over 20,000 people worldwide and they are looking to add a Finance Manager role within their Group function. This is an amazing first move into a world-class retail business for a newly qualified ACA accountant.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to experience the more corporate side of finance as well as develop inter-personal skills, with exposure to senior members of the organisation and all other areas of the finance function. The Group Reporting Finance Manager is responsible, together with the Senior Finance Manager, for producing, developing and maintaining key reports used to assess performance across the business and by Senior management including the Board. The role is pivotal in ensuring accurate and effective reporting across all brands' activities - through weekly trade, monthly forecasts and Board updates and annual forecasts and three-year plans. Together with a team of 2 Analysts the role is also responsible for responding to ad-hoc requests from Senior Management.
- Managing a team of analysts to produce high profile weekly trading packs accurately and to tight deadlines;
- Proactively developing and maintain trading reports as required to assist the business
- Overseeing the completion of the Daily Sales process for the business, and driving change where required
- Consolidation of the brand's monthly profit forecasts, ensuring timeliness, completeness, and accuracy. Liaising with Brand teams to resolve issues reporting and manage change
- Co-ordinate the production of monthly Board Papers and provide executive summary papers
- Dealing with ad-hoc queries / projects from Brand finance teams and Senior Management
- Coordinate the submission, consolidation and analysis of the Brands' annual plan
- Produce meaningful comparison of our client's trading performance to those reported by other retailers, and trade bodies
- Development of a team of two Analysts
- ACA Qualified
- Excellent Excel skills
- Big 4 background preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - able to deal with all levels and to maintain excellent relationships with Brand finance teams
- Great attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to be calm under pressure
- Proactive/ enquiring approach
- Base Salary: £47,000 - £52,000
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Discount - 25% across the entire Retail Group
- Personal Accident Insurance - 24hrs worldwide
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Trading - Buying / Selling
- 25 days plus bank holidays with the option to buy and sell more
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.