This is an all-encompassing Finance Manager position for a small but well known food business, with ambitious growth plans.
My client are a small but well known food business, with ambitious growth plans. Managed by a forward thinking and ambitious owner, the business currently turn over around £4m but are looking to grow to £8-10m in the medium term.
A new Finance Manager is critical to these plans as they look to bring finance in-house, and in the process look to drastically improve the value finance adds to day-to-day operations and decision-making.
Key responsibilities can be split broadly into three categories:
1) Processing and compliance (e.g. Payroll, VAT returns, purchase ledger processing, sales ledger processing)
2) Tighter control environment, particularly in terms of information flow and payments / cash collection e.g.
Sales invoicing speed & success rate
- Cash collection
- Purchase order monitoring
- Improve controls & process flow around inbound supplier invoices
- Increased regularity of reconciliations - bank / suppliers / PAYE etc
- Tightening quarterly information for management accounts
- Reasonable increase in reporting - weekly sales / monthly KPIs etc
3) Commercial business partnering - this person would ideally be able to develop into a really solid commercially-focussed Financial Controller
The successful candidate should be:
- Professionally Qualified (may consider QBE)
- Familiar with the requirements of a small business
- Comfortable working as part of a small, multi-functional team
The role will pay a competitive basic salary as well as the opportunity to play a key part in running and growing an exciting small business