A brand new and exciting opportunity has been created for a qualified accountant to join our passionate and knowledgeable Finance Shared Service Centre (SSC) as a Finance Manager. This is no ordinary Finance Manager role; as a manufacturing business made up of 17,000 employees in the UK alone, continuous improvement is important to us. Alongside the day-to-day, you will be responsible for analysing of the way we work; embarking on project work, with the goal of improving what we do and ensuring we are always operating in the best possible way we can.
The team manages the general ledger accounting service for a number of our UK businesses. The Finance Manager will report to the Head of Financial Services and you will support with the completion of critical tasks to enable strong partnerships to be maintained and ensure group deadlines are met. Two Senior Financial accountants will report to you, who in turn look after two general ledger teams totalling six people.
What will I be doing in the role?
In the role as Finance Manager you will;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key internal customers, to support positive, collaborative working
- Embark predominantly on project work to ensure a process of continuous improvement is followed
- Be responsible for the management of people, and act a senior figure in the SSC
- Ensure the smooth running of the day-to-day general ledger accounting service for our businesses
- Respond to the needs of our customers, and ensure that they can see value in the work we do, updating the processes and improving what we do where appropriate
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
For the Finance Manager specifically it is important that you:
- Are a fully qualified accountant – e.g. ACCA, CEMA, ACA
- Have experience in a role where you have been responsible for continuous improvements to processes and procedures – you will need to be capable of managing multiple improvement projects
- Have a strong ability to influence stakeholders and internal customers, by building and maintaining relationships
- Are Inquisitive, with a natural curiosity to want to understand how things are done, challenge them and improve
- Have experience as part of a team that are responsible for a month-end set of numbers – this is important as our general ledger teams gear up for month-end figures throughout the year
- Experience managing others is not vital – we have an excellent structure that supports development of talented people into leadership roles – however, a passion for leadership is vital and some exposure would be advantageous
What about the business I’ll be joining?
There are 34 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. However, regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This vacancy is working for The Saint-Gobain delegation – we provide centres of expertise to 34 UK businesses, anything from Finance to recruitment, payroll and legal; Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What will I get in return?
As part of the wider Saint-Gobain group, the UK Delegation is able to offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package. In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing within the finance team or in one of the other 34 businesses in the UK. Progression in Saint-Gobain isn’t always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas, to one of the 67 countries in which we operate. The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Saint-Gobain, where only you set the boundaries to your success.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
- General Ledger
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job