Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Shoreditch, London EC2A
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
They're a leading IT, Print and Telecoms Solutions company based in the heart of the business district, minutes' walk from Liverpool Street, Moorgate, Old Street, and Shoreditch High Street stations. They're surrounded by bars, restaurants, cafes and pop-ups, and there's even a bit of greenery nearby!
Their office space is open-plan and we have a friendly, social culture; from their shareholders down, they live the motto "Work hard, play hard", demonstrated by their social events throughout the year. They're passionate about developing their talent; they invest in their people and support them to build a career with them.
What Do I Need?
As they're looking for someone to act as a 'number 2' to their FD, broad experience across the whole of the finance function, with a particularly strong understanding of the objectives and workings of internal financial control, is a must. Their work environment is high volume and fast-paced, so you'll need to be prepared to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in supporting your colleagues; you'll need to be just as happy supporting the less-experienced members of the team as you are working alongside their FD.
The ideal candidate will be qualified with a recognised accountancy body, and will:
- Have excellent system skills with experience of using accounting software at an administrator level (As the company uses Sage 200, candidates with Sage experience have a distinct advantage);
- Have demonstrable experience successfully implementing and delivering projects and process improvements;
- Have a good understanding of the various UK tax systems;
- Have experience of managing, supporting and developing others;
- Be highly articulate, with excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with internal and external contacts at all level with confidence.
- Be proactive and organised, with excellent time management, always delivering work to deadline.
- Have a desire to grow and progress with the Company
What Will I Be Doing?
The role is incredibly varied, and you'll be expected to work across the function, providing your support and expertise where required, ensuring that the department is run effectively and efficiently. Their FD has a number of exciting projects to complete (including implementing a paperless purchase invoicing system, and migrating to a new BACS platform) and you'll be heavily involved in supporting him to ensure these projects are delivered successfully and to deadline. They're also looking to grow as a Company, so there will be the opportunity to pitch in and support with any potential acquisition process.
In addition to project work, some of the tasks you'd get involved with include:
- Monthly commissions calculations and production of sales reporting pack;
- Ensure the correct treatment of Company financial transactions from a tax perspective;
- Manage an effective and efficient credit control function, ensuring a strong monthly cash flow;
- Take ownership of preparation of yearend audit files and creation of annual statutory financial statements;
- Overseeing quarterly VAT returns and submissions
- Project accounting
- To support the FD and Company Directors with annual budgeting and forecasting
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Accountant, Chartered Accountancy, Bookkeeper, Revenue Accountant, Management Accountant, Finance Manager, Chartered Accountant, Financial Accountancy, Financial Controller, Senior Accountant, Financial Accountant, Revenue Accountancy, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW may also be considered for this role.
- Finance Manager
- Financial Controller
- Management Accountant
- Senior Accountant
- Financial Accountant
- Chartered Accountant
- Revenue Accountant
- Chartered Accountancy
- Financial Accountancy
- Revenue Accountancy