Our client are looking for a qualified accountant who has previous experience managing a team within finance to date. Reporting to Director level and with responsibility for developing and managing operational goals for the team, this position presents a genuine opportunity for the successful candidate to make their mark upon the business moving forward.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following duties;
• The operation and maintenance of all financial and management accounting systems and for the preparation of all monthly financial and management accounting reports including cash-flows, balance-sheets, profit and loss accounts and management accounts
• To assist the Contracts Director in the preparation, distribution and monitoring of the annual budget and monitor and review reporting information systems
• To develop and maintain the computerised accounting and payroll systems
• To be responsible for the preparation and submission of all statutory accounting returns including VAT, PAYE and other associated returns
• To be responsible for the preparation and submission of pension returns, insurance and other staff related returns
• Completion of Year End Accounts and liaison with the auditors in the preparation of the year-end financial statements and tax returns and in the completion of interim and annual audits
• To ensure all reports and relevant statistics (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually) are accurately prepared and presented to all relevant members of the Management Team, and others, in a timely manner and in accordance with all specified procedures
• To assist the Contracts Director and other Senior Managers to evaluate the management data, to assess trends, interpret variances and to advise on corrective action
• To assist in the implementation, maintenance and monitoring of rolling business and marketing plans
• To perform all company secretarial duties to the Board of Directors
• To contribute to financial success through effective use of resources and the continual review of operational procedures
All applicants should hold a relevant accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) and demonstrate 3+ years’ experience in a similar role. For more information please contact Calum McBurney as soon as possible and in complete confidence on 028 9033 0604 or email me via the link.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job