At McLaren Automotive our vision is not only to become the iconic sports car manufacturer but also to deliver breath-taking, iconic and innovative new technology to the automotive industry.
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our mission to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
Job Title: Finance Manager - Central Functions Business Partnering and Business Risks and Controls
Reporting to: Group Financial Controller
Purpose of the Role:
- To support and influence the Business in delivery of the Business Imperatives by Business Partnering Central Functions including Purchasing, SQA, Quality, HR, IT, Finance, Management team and Central Overheads to drive profitability and influence decision-making through understanding and monitoring the business drivers and their respective impacts as included in plans and actual results.
- Ensure a fit for purpose controls and risk management environment by developing and managing Business Internal Controls for MAL, ensuring they are relevant and robust for the Business and monitor and report adherence and effectiveness. Identify all major business risks of the business and match with adequate measures or offsetting cover.
- Lead and coordinate all cross functional and cross departmental projects initiated by Finance or with major dependencies on Finance.
- A full-time role reporting functionally to the Group Financial Controller.
- Managing a team of two direct reports
- Regular interfacing with operational colleagues in Central functions at all levels in the organisation to understand and support business performance.
- Interaction with and reporting to Senior Management on the effectiveness of and adherence to Business Internal Controls
- Finance Business Partnering support to Central functions
- Support Quality (including Warrantee provision and performance), Purchasing, SQA, HR, IT, Finance, Management team and Central non-payroll related Overheads providing Business Partnering support
- Support development of Business plans, Budgets, quarterly reforecasts and general overhead planning.
- Ensure understanding of Business drivers managed by the various functions and ensure impact understood and included in all plans, budgets and forecasts
- Manage monthly actual performance review and issue communication against overheads planning as well as performance of business drivers
- Assess and support in decision making by providing financial input, develop business cases and financial impact models and monitoring performance against such plans and forecasts
- Control environment
- Ensure adequate controls, processes and systems are in place and operating effectively to assure security of physical assets, intellectual property, financial assets, etc
- Constantly review Internal Controls for weaknesses and opportunities to improve and execute improvement initiatives
- Execute review of adherence to financial internal controls
- Internal Audit function
- Establish a fit for purpose Internal Audit function including a Charter, Purpose, Objectives, Approach, Programmes and Communication
- Operationalise the strategy by developing audit programmes and plans to review key processes and controls and report to the Executive management
- Risk Management and mitigation
- Compile and manage Business risks register
- Tie the identified risk areas to adequate controls, business process improvements or capital / upgrading investments
- Ensure adequate risk mitigation including insurance
- Finance and General Project Leadership
- Identify, own, manage and deliver cross finance and wider business (finance related) projects - such as EAO, P2P process and systems improvement, etc.
- Lead any initiative identified that does not sit within a specific finance role or area and impact wider finance team and / or business and when requiring specific funding and / or business change to implement
- Continuous Improvement
- Identify, drive and deliver General Finance (focussed on the Finance Controls Team remit) enabling process and systems improvements to increase efficiency, improve control and provide better insight and business support
- Team Management
- Manage a team of 2 direct reports
- Provide guidance, goal setting, performance monitoring, weekly one-on-one meetings, coaching
- Ensure adequate focus on personal and career development personally and of team members
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience in ensuring fit for purpose control environments and developing internal controls and the monitoring and assessment of that through Internal Audit
- Comfortable working with senior stakeholders providing financial guidance as well as challenge
- Ability to not only understand and be comfortable with the detail but also to summarise and communicate key aspects for management consumption and action.
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement approach to work, including but not limited to, identifying areas for process improvements and implementing robust solutions.
- Experience in Analytical tools and advanced analysis (including using Excel) to deal with understanding business problems and risks and the root causes thereof to enable developing solutions and mitigation.
- Qualified accountant with first time passes preferred (ACA or equivalent).
- Quick learner
- Team player
- Ability to work with and influence operational colleagues, most of whom are at a more senior level in the company
- Confident presenter to large groups with the ability to articulate complex issues to the management team
- Persistence and drive to get the job done
- Passion for the automotive industry
If you are passionate about pushing the boundaries of processes and technologies and have an entrepreneurial mind-set, join us at the heart of an exciting journey apply now to be part of cutting edge pioneering projects.