Are you ready for a new challenge?
Somersault is a multi-award-winning marketing and communications agency specialising in digital content, video and animation, based just south of Cambridge. We’re proud to have an envied list of clients including BAE Systems, David Lloyd Clubs, London Stock Exchange Group and Capita. 2017 has been another great year for our team with work taking us all over Europe and the US, and moving into our fantastic new offices just a few miles south of the city, in Sawston.
We’re a former winner of the Best Small Business Employer Award for the whole East region and we think we offer a fairly unique and exciting working environment too! Sound good? Read on…
We are looking for an experienced Finance Manager / Senior Bookkeeper to help keep on top of the full breadth of day to day financial activities. The work would be 20-24 hours over a 4 day week, however we are open to suggestions of packaging up the work in alternative ways.
To excel in this role you’ll be someone that’s naturally strong with numbers, finance and analysis, highly organised and ideally a competent user of Xero too. You’ll already have experience in managing business financial affairs and potentially some experience of managing client project finances too.
You’ll hold an accounting or bookkeeping qualification and be comfortable preparing reports and business analysis for the management team. There’s good scope for development in the role too, with opportunities for training and to work towards further professional qualifications.
The role is responsible for all aspects of Somersault’s financials and includes the following headline activities:
- Company Financial Administration and Budgets - monthly and annual budgets and analysis
- Project and Client Finance - scheduling and raising invoices, client credit control, project profitability analysis and reporting
- Banking and Payments - statement and credit card reconciliation, expense management.
- Supplier Management - negotiating and managing office suppliers
- Reporting and Analysis - monthly management accounts, Company Scorecard, staff utilisation and forecasting reports, sales trackers
- Tax and Compliance - Managing VAT returns, Pension Scheme, employee benefit schemes.
- Specific Projects - ad hoc initiatives and analysis as required by the Company
Experience and Skills
To be a high achieving Bookkeeper at Somersault we are looking for the following:
- At least 3 years previous experience as a Bookkeeper
- Accounts qualification essential, part qualified/fully qualified ACCA or AAT
- A high level of computer skills necessary to operate Xero, Outlook, Excel, Word and web based systems
- Ability to work accurately and to strict deadlines
- Strong numeracy skills
- Ability to prioritise responsibilities under pressure and be self-motivating
- Personal integrity and confidentiality
We think we’re a pretty special team to be part of and we have high standards in the work we do and what we expect of each other. We unashamedly look to hire A players; People that are the highest performers in their peer group, individuals that understand what it takes to be part of a high performing team. If that sounds like you then we’d love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves in putting People at the heart of what we do and in return for your enthusiasm and expertise, we offer a tailored mentoring and development plan, a competitive package and an enviable range of flexible benefits including an open bar where we celebrate successes or sometimes just unwind after a busy week.
Competitive salary based on experience
- Business Analysis
- Management Accounts
- Web Based