Finance Manager and Commercial Accountant
To £65,000, plus Bonus and Benefits
The client is a £250m turnover international Group, with its HO in London. They operate within the FMCG, branded product and Marketing Service sector, supplying a variety of professional services, and Business Process Outsourcing, to international consumer brands. They have a significant number of overseas offices, in the US, EU and Asia, and they work closely with some of the largest brands in the World. To assist with the growth of the business, they wish to bring in an ambitious and commercial Accountant, or MBA, to work with the Group Commercial Director, taking ownership of financial analysis and commercial management of high profile international clients.
- Manage and control the financial performance of key blue-chip clients.
- Develop profit improvement plans for client accounts and deliver improved performance
- Develop financial and risk analysis to help good decision making.
- Develop sound understanding of operational workflow and how this interact with financial matters
- Work alongside operational teams in developing client account plans and associated financial forecast.
- Negotiate new contractual and commercial terms and contract renewals, including associated financial analysis.
- External management reporting to cover spend profile, working capital, KPI’s, risks and opportunities, trends, variances, etc.
- Attend client review meetings and present financial performance
- Escalation point for financial queries and resolution with client
- Working closely with operational teams increasing their understanding of the financial implications of business decisions
- Any Commercial and Financial analysis, reporting or projects that the Board requires
Candidates will either be Qualified Accountants or have an MBA, with exposure to International Corporate activity. You will need to want to be commercially involved in the business; this is not a simple reporting role. You will have strong spreadsheet modelling skills, and be comfortable communicating with international Business partners, Board level staff and Blue Chip clients. We want a team player, with good numerical and accountancy technical skills, and are a self-starter, mature enough to prioritise your work under time pressure. This is a great time to join a growing and successful business, and will put you on the path to be a CFO either in the UK or overseas at a later date.
- Financial Analysis