My client is an AIM listed miner who looking for a qualified accountant to develop the group financial reporting and internal control policies and procedures.
Initially, the role will be focused on the integration of the recently acquired mine into the existing group reporting and internal controls framework.
The role will be based in the London Mayfair office but will require regular travel to site during the first 12 months.
The Finance Manager will report directly into the Group Financial Controller and will work closely with the senior financial and operational managers of the business including the Group CFO and Group Treasurer.
- Support senior management to ensure internal controls are adequate and cover business risks
- Review existing business processes and controls in place throughout the group and perform controls testing to assess their effectiveness
- Implement a framework of continuous control monitoring covering business cycles such as procurement, HR, payroll, sales, treasury, fixed assets, capital projects and inventory
- Document business processes and controls and develop the Company's Financial Position and Prospects Procedures ("FPPP") memorandum
- Implement improvements to strengthen controls
- Integrate mine acquisition into the existing internal controls framework
- Assist in wider areas of risk management and compliance
- Prepare and present reports to senior management on the effectiveness of internal controls
- Support preparation of monthly IFRS group consolidation with multiple foreign subsidiaries
- Support preparation of IFRS interim results and annual statutory financial statements
- Support preparation of monthly management accounts with variance reporting and Board reports
- Management of overseas finance team and close working relationships with operational management
- Support preparation of budget and forecasts
- Support group tax compliance including VAT, corporation tax and transfer pricing
- Strong knowledge on IFRS financial reporting and concepts related to internal controls
- Proven working experience as an Auditor or Finance Manager or similar role in industry or Top 10 accountancy practice
- ACA or ACCA professional qualification
- Experience in the mining or natural resources sector preferred
- Ability to interact with management at all levels and build solid relationships
- Finance Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job