Finance Manager - £30k - £35k - Immediately Available
A leading insurance business are on the search for a Finance Manager to supervise the team in Essex on a fixed term contract!
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller you will be based in offices based in the heart of the Essex.
- Month end reporting - including reporting of monthly income figures.
- Production of reports for management review.
- Supervision of team of 3/4; Overall responsibility for ensuring all individual and departmental deadlines are met.
- Signing off Finance work for payment.
- Signing cheques.
- Leading monthly departmental meetings.
- Participating in management meetings.
- Back to work interviews.
- Organising and signing off Finance testing of new Sirius software release ahead of upgrades.
- Investigating features of Sirius software not currently used with a view to improving the Finance function and reporting.
- Reporting to the Financial Controller.
- Ad hoc reports and projects to assist Financial Controller.
- Investigation of some legacy transactions.
- Aged Debt.
- Liaising with other departments to set up new insurers/ products.
- Responsible for petty cash.
- Daily bank reconciliation.
- Run daily payments and receipt report.
- Weekly unreconciled report.
- Resolution of accounting queries from team and other departments.
- Annual reporting for audit - liaising with auditors and giving information on Retail income.
- Reconciling new insurer statements.
- Communicating new information/ new procedures to the team.
- Completing write backs.
- Know all the roles within the team for cover etc.
You will be:
- Experienced within a finance team at an insurance company is ideal.
- Excel - Intermediate to Advanced essential.
- Sirius 21 (SSP) - ability to drill transactions and interrogate (e.g reading event log, etc); understanding of how debits and credits are raised. Not essential as training will be given.
(Sirius version we use is SSP Pure Broking or Sirius 21 version 1.9 or higher).
- Supervisor experience of at least a year.
- Finance background i.e. dealing with commissions.
- High mathematic abilities.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job