T.M. Lewin have an exciting opportunity available for a Finance Graduates to join our team. This would be a fantastic opportunity for motivated and driven recent graduates to gain more experience and further their skills in a range of areas within our accounts team. You will be working within a globally recognised brand and be able to gain hands on experience across various parts of our finance team from working on reconciliations and invoicing through to retail/online analyst roles, giving you the opportunity to find out which particular aspects of finance you would like to concentrate on focusing your career.
We are truly proud of our history. As the original shirt makers in London, the first T.M. Lewin store opened in Jermyn Street in 1898. Mr T.M. Lewin himself developed the first buttoned down shirt, setting the tone for the shirt we know and love today. We now have close to 100 stores in the UK, with new stores opening in countries across the rest of the world, including Europe, Singapore and Australia. Fashions may have changed since 1898 but excellent craftsmanship, quality, service and value remain the driving force behind the T.M. Lewin brand and are some of the qualities we look for in our colleagues as well as our products.
As we have a number of opportunities available some of the typical responsibilities may include the following, or you could potentially work on a rotation basis to gain experience in several areas:
- Providing analysis and support for 91 stores across the UK & Australia, overseeing the largest revenue channel of the business.
- Business partnering with Retail Operations/Regional Managers in order to help drive down costs and increase profitability.
- Act as a point of contact for all Retail finance queries.
- Production of Weekly and Monthly commercial packs, KPI and P&L information, as well as providing commentary for the monthly investor pack.
- Analysing monthly flash P&L view and calculating overhead accruals.
- Questioning and investigating budget/last year variances.
- Annual store overhead budgeting and quarterly reforecasting.
- Managing store rent forecast, updating with the latest estimates following monthly meetings with the Head of Property.
- Maintaining the integrity of reporting systems (new stores, LFL store status, footfall data, etc).
- Daily sales and KPI reporting.
- Weekly store dashboard reporting.
- Preparing invoices for payment
- Receipting PO’s from Invoices and D notes
- Reconciling and posting invoices
- Matching to PO’s on CIMS (stock system)
- Transfer Invoices from CIMS to SUN
- Investigating all delivery and price discrepancies
- Posting samples invoices
- Preparing and process month end journals
- Running Duty report for the period
- Reconciling and posting the Duty invoices
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Dealing with supplier enquiries
- Reconciliation between Stock System and SUN
- Preparing multicurrency payments
The Perfect Fit
Our ideal applicants will have a minimum 2:1 finance degree (or equivalent) and some previous finance work experience, perhaps from an internship programme or elsewhere. You should be driven, resilient and passionate about developing a career in finance. The team are already making headway into developing a finance function that is highly efficient and makes best possible use of technology, whilst we’re on this journey we’re keen to recruit a supportive team that is capable of coming up with ideas for us to make improvements to existing processes whilst also getting stuck into the business as usual accounting activities. As such we are looking for a team filled with the best and brightest graduates and in return are able to offer the opportunity to join a company with genuine opportunities for career progression and personal development. Our Finance Graduate programme is well established and we have other colleagues within the team that have already started with us as graduates and successfully gone on to join other areas within the team.
T.M. Lewin are passionate about our people and offer the opportunity to work in a fun, energetic and fast paced culture. We are high performing and provide high levels of challenge and support. In return for your hard work you will be rewarded with generous benefits for you and your family. Some of our benefits include: A generous holiday entitlement which grows with your length of service, a substantial discount for you AND your family and friends, your own choice of free work wear, a performance related bonus scheme, anniversary gift, LOVE2SHOP everyday benefit card offering discounts across 60 retailers, Cycle 2 Work scheme and childcare vouchers.