DS Smith has an excellent opportunity for a Finance Graduate to join the team at our Paper Mill located in Kemsley. At DS Smith, we are united by two strong factors: the incredible passion for our products and the strong commitment to serve and delight our customers, particularly our DS Smith internal customers! The successful candidate will be a key member of the Finance Team, supporting both the local Finance Team and the team located at the Shared Service Centre, alongside the site operation team; initially with the Procure to Pay process before developing into the area of Record to Report.
What being a Finance Graduate Trainee at DS Smith will involve…
• Initially looking at the local aspects of the Procure to Pay process including supporting the Shared Service Centre in terms of query resolution and escalation.
• Supporting the preparation of the monthly accounts by completing the required data submissions to the R2R team
• Contributing to the analysis of the monthly management account data
• Assisting with the preparation of the monthly forecasts, the annual budget and the corporate plan
• Assisting with any projects, developments, OPOM and any other initiatives as and when required
• Supporting the local Finance Business Partners with any ad-hoc work as desired
What we would like our candidate to have…
• Degree educated - ideally Finance. Wanting to study towards a relevant qualification (ACCA/AAT/CIMA/ACA) or equivalent experience
• Natural aptitude for understanding and using systems
• Enthusiasm and eagerness to learn and develop
• Understanding of the importance of meeting deadlines/business needs
• Ability to effectively prioritise competing tasks and objectives
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 250 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4 billion, the organisation employs over 26,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
•Annual cycle to work scheme