Cordant People are currently recruiting for a Finance Director.
Location: Merthyr Tydfil
Salary: Competitive and negotiable depending on experience
One of our clients are looking for a dynamic Finance Director to oversee all financial aspects of the business and drive the company's financial strategy and planning. You will be responsible for assessing the company's financial performance as well as possible risks. You will guide the company towards profitability and its long-term success.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Retain constant awareness of the company's financial position and act to prevent problems.
- Ensure that all of the company's financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation.
- Analyse the financial climate and market trends to assist senior executives in creating strategic plans for the future.
- Interpret complex financial information and provide updates and information as needed.
- Monitor cashflow, accounts and other financial transactions.
- Set targets and manage the Financial Controller and finance personnel.
- Oversee, review and adhere to the budgets for each department.
- Assist in company-wide budgetary planning.
- Oversee all external audit and internal control operations.
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a monthly and annual basis.
- Conduct analysis to make forecasts and report to the Executive team.
- Create and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors, including banking institutions.
- Update and implement financial policies and procedures.
- Work with HR to secure candidates who will be an asset to the finance team.
Essential skills and Experience:
- Proven experience as Finance Director or similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices.
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (Epicor).
- An analytical mind with strategic ability.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Understanding of Data Privacy Regulations.
- Fully qualified accountant; MSc/CIMA is a plus.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and determined with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Analytical & Critical Thinking skills.
- Willing to take on new challenges with the ability to adapt to changing situations.
- High levels of accuracy.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Thorough and well organised.
- Confident, clear and concise communicator, both verbal and written.
- Ability to follow and give instructions.
If you think you're the right person for this role, please get in touch with Cordant ASAP.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
- "FD" "Financial Director"
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'